The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

So I'm gonna build a sub box today

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeMiZiS

Supporting VIP
Jul 25, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
I'm gonna build a sub box today, it's just gonna be a square one for now, but I wondering if y'all would want to see step by step of what I got to do , and what to take apart to run the wire's? Oh it's 2 JL audio 15's, and a Kenwood 18000W max amp(900X1 @ 2 ohms.). Iallready got a Alpine amp for my mids and highs and I'ma have to mount both amps on the trunk too.
Any one wanna see picture's of this stuff?..

Taylor

I wish I was still building box's.
i have been thinking about building somemore to bring in some extr cash.
Alot of people have been asking me to build them a box.
Yes, we want pics.Of the entire building process.Each piece of wood you attach take a pic.

OK, well as soon as I went to take my first picture of the first cut out, my digital cam died! So, I didn't get to take the pictures ,I was wanted too. SORRY!!! But I did build it and it came out nice!
I will post some pics of the (all most finished product) soon!, I still need to carpet the box, but I would still like to see what y'all think.
Taylor

I still need to carpet the box, but I might build a another one anyways, I'm not really happy with how the amps are mounted, but I'm working on a way to make that look cleaner too.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow 2 15's huh. I got a couple 12's in mine and they are just rediculous I don't even turn up my amp.

+1 sealed box
+1 JL Audio
+1 alpine amp (get the Alpine 1000.1 PDX for subs you'll shit yourself!)
-1 no carpet rofl j/k

nice job, bring 'er home!

if you get too much rattle on hatch, flip them forwards and drop the seats

Back when I was 16, I was hardcore ricer and big into car stereo's.

My system consisted of 2 Audiobahn Flame Q 12's, powered by a Directed 1100d amp. I custom built the box to spec at 2.5 cu. ft. internal dimensions tuned to 38hz. This setup hit 155.9 db.

No carpet for the win!

Now, I rock the stock radio with blown speakers, and GO FAST!!!

Flame on

Attachments

• car pics updated 031.jpg
    car pics updated 031.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 136
  • car pics updated 051.jpg
    car pics updated 051.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 135
  • car pics updated 054.jpg
    car pics updated 054.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 135
  • car pics updated 039.jpg
    car pics updated 039.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 136
Back when I was 16, I was hardcore ricer and big into car stereo's.

My system consisted of 2 Audiobahn Flame Q 12's, powered by a Directed 1100d amp. I custom built the box to spec at 2.5 cu. ft. internal dimensions tuned to 38hz. This setup hit 155.9 db.

No carpet for the win!

Now, I rock the stock radio with blown speakers, and GO FAST!!!

Flame on

On what mic did 2 flamers in a sealed box hit 155???

Ok I see the pvc ports now. I couldnt see them at first.
Still 146 from 2 flamers. What mic was that on?

I'm not sure on the mic. I went a few times to local stereo comp days thats all. With one Q it hit 138.9. On two, it hit the 146. I don't know what exactly, but I do know it was a professional mic system.

I am trying to build something a little more integrated for my GSX as we speak. I have had a few setups but right now I am rockin an MTX7500 10" with an MTX MXA6001 amp for the bass. It really sounds good. I am an MTX fan because I have had numerous good experiences with them. Back when I had my 1G and was a bit ricerish (I was 16) I had 2 MTX 8000's (12") and an 8100D, that was a sick sub setup!

To OP, looks like ya did a good job on the box. I think my trunk is too shallow to hold 2 15s like that! My single 10" barely fits under the hatch cover. (I specifically built my box to fit! Sleeper FTW)

The only reason I didn't build a ported box is because I don't like the way that they sound, too hallow for me. Sealed box all the way!!
Taylor

Rock on! I competed in SPL/DB drags for 3 years with all sealed boxes and the worst place trophy I ever took home was 2nd place.

Ported boxes have more potential, but I do agree that sealed offers more quality bass.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back