The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

so i went to court today for street racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

compression

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 9, 2004
vero beach, Florida
and i got sentenced , with a mandatory of 1 year liscence suspension, nearly 1000$ in fines,and probation for 6 months, all for messing with my friend on the highway at like 2am, it was my buddys turbo integra and it was just 2nd-3rd gear he only clocked me at 86, pretty shitty if you ask me, but it is against the law :notgood:

:beatentodeath: :barf: :tease: :rolleyes: :toobad: :sosad: :nono:

but i did win :thumb:

What the hell?? 1 year suspension for going 86? Was it on an interstate?

I got pulled over for flying through a 4 lane intersection at 110 in a 45 zone about 6 years ago. I went to court, had to go through 8 hours of aggressive-defensive driving and pay a court costs. No fines and nothing on my record. That was the last time I did anything stupid like that.

It gets better. I to am guilty of drag racing. 97 in a 45, this was before tuners and after all the money i spent it wasnt worth crushing the gti(haha wasnt the esi), or was it :sneaky: . no it wasn't. I got the speeding ticket and a drag racing ticket which had a 2000$ just for the racing.

I spent 750 on the best lawyer i could find and after a year of pushing ti back the racing was dropped and the ticket is on supervison and I just got done with my 8 hour class saturday( the calss was 40 bucks well spent). But going through countless hours of court apearences I will say it wasnt worth it.

Sorry to hear you got the shaft.

Umm... Two cars speeding along at nearly the same rate... clearly racing... wreckless driving... reguardless of it being 2am... had he hit someone on the side of the road, someone they didn't see etc... then what? or what if someone lost control etc...

Pro-active patroling. speeding yes, engaging in an illegal activity, yes.

20 over in michigan will get you wreckless driving and a monster of a fine... pending on what specifically you were doing or who you got pulled over by *cough* MSP *cough*

I once got caught street racing. (back in the days of high school)
I had $500 in fines and I talked my way out of license suspension.
A nice suite and a good vocabulary can serve a person well I guess.
That was the last ticket that I received. I learned, shortly after that incident, how costly a mistake like that can be.

Just wait until that feller hits your driving record and the insurance finds out...:barf:

Sucks to hear man, don't know how it feels but wow.

I find it real funny to believe that you guys sit here and act soo innocent as if you've never had the tendency to destory that ricer civic that just revved at you, or had the feeling of stomping down on that gas pedal just to hear the turbo spool or that exhaust roar beneath you. Just cracks me up beyong belief!

I understand why people street race but why on the street, there are plenty of empty parking lots or semi trailer parking lots around. Go do it there, then at least its partially up to the owners discretion.

I did it once and can't do it again. Theirs no sense in possibly hurting someone, my life is going to good to be put in jail even for a short time. I worked with a guy whos kid was nearly killed by a street race. The kid is still messed up and just the medical bills alone were 750,000 in just the first month. Not to mention lifetime therapy.

it was my buddys turbo integra

but i did win :thumb:

Well Duh

I find it real funny to believe that you guys sit here and act soo innocent as if you've never had the tendency to destory that ricer civic that just revved at you, or had the feeling of stomping down on that gas pedal just to hear the turbo spool or that exhaust roar beneath you. Just cracks me up beyong belief!

Surprisingly there's been almost none of those comments in this thread..just maybe AWDPetmitsu & now Elvenhome. Usually somebody like this would be nagged to death by every "anti-streetracerer" in here.

I understand why people street race but why on the street, there are plenty of empty parking lots or semi trailer parking lots around. Go do it there, then at least its partially up to the owners discretion.

..Parking Lots? WTF

If you're gonna race, do it in a location far away from everything..like out in the middle of the country (If you live in a big city, sucks for you). Just be smart about it..we all get on the gas a little in the city once in a while. Most of us do it without anybody even next to us. There's a difference though between accelerating a little heavier than usual & flat out flooring it for 10 seconds straight.

Good rule of thumb...if there's streetlights in front of you, don't do it. Neighborhoods? I shouldn't even have to say.

Umm... Two cars speeding along at nearly the same rate... clearly racing... wreckless driving... reguardless of it being 2am... had he hit someone on the side of the road, someone they didn't see etc... then what? or what if someone lost control etc...
Maybe it's just me, and I know most of you have heard this before but seriously, how can any of you drive these cars without even having the slightest clue how to drive and pay attention to your surroundings. When its a good time to boost and when you should keep it down, when your in danger and when the only thing you're gonna hit is a cactus, maybe a bush. I'm a damn good driver, I'm 70ish% surroundings and 30% car. If you can't NOT hit anything then you are a terrible driver and you deserve to hit a tree if you're lucky.:toobad:
Sucks to hear man, don't know how it feels but wow.

I hear ya man, Seriously EVERYONE who talks shit about "street racing is bad" is a HYPOCRITE! Call me a liar and i'll find an example. If you've sped up at a more than indecent speed after sitting at a stoplight cus you're pissed off at the slow ass next to you...YOUR GUILTY! If you've boosted past that grandma because shes doing 9 in a 45...GUILTY. I'll bet theres maybe 1 person on this board that can ACTUALLY, without lieing, tell me i'm wrong. I'm not condoning street racing I just think some people take it too far but on the other hand I also think people against it on this board take it too far too. If beating that person next to you down a straight away is more important than ruining your rims or paint job or LIFE...you're a ####ING retard...Period. If you like to compare your speed to another car equal in speed and ability and you're RESPONSIBLE(I.E. KNOWING WHEN TO LET OFF!) about it, I'm game.
Like the previous post stated I'm sure i'll get flamed for this but its my honest opinion and HONEST OPINIONS shouldn't be flamed upon.

There's a difference though between accelerating a little heavier than usual & flat out flooring it for 10 seconds straight.

Lol for most of these jockeys, it's more like 15 seconds.

Either way streetracing threads, well you know the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back