The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

So I just bought a RVR fwd manual transmission for my gst-spyder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PRZM Comm

Probationary Member
Apr 6, 2021
Bridgeport, Pennsylvania
Did I make a mistake? I searched far and wide, but only seem to come across people swapping the awd trans.

I purchased it last night thinking it would be fine, but after reading about the possibly of it being a potential disaster, I'm probably cancelling it. Its just so hard to find a trustworthy trans for my car.

Is the 2.0 m/t turbo RVR trans compatible with my car?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You need the model code off the top, it NEEDS to be a F5M33-2-xxxx. I believe most JDM FWD RVR are either F5M31 or F5M22. You will NEED the identification marking on the bellhousing (flat rectangular spot between the top two mounting bolt holes.

Please reference the attached photo for location of the code.

You need the model code off the top, it NEEDS to be a F5M33-2-xxxx. I believe most JDM FWD RVR are either F5M31 or F5M22. You will NEED the identification marking on the bellhousing (flat rectangular spot between the top two mounting bolt holes.

Please reference the attached photo for location of the code.

You are a freaking life saver. I ended up getting a refund a few hours ago. They called and told me there was water in the transmission likely from freight travel over seas. But I'll definitely keep a lookout for that model code before purchasing the next one, thanks again.

Also, a 2g fwd F5M33 trans is not worth $1100 or whatever they were asking. Especially an unknown condition one with unknown model information. And especially a F5M31 or F5M22. Beware of JDM auctions for this specific scenario, you will be better off buying local/ in-country.

Do some searching.

Please fill out a profile. Difficult to help you if we don't know anything about your car.
In addition to 1g and 2g differences there are axle differences between years. Without knowing what car you have we cannot help you with these differences.

He has a GS-T Spyder, which already tells us it is a 95-99 Eclipse GS-T with 27 spline front axles in a F5M33-2-SPZT transmission.

But yes, OP, please fill out your vehicle profile.

Thanks,
TMZ

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back