The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

So I have a pumping problem when I'm at the gas station

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Fort Hood, Texas
Ok, so for a number of months I've had problems at the pumps. I had originally thought it was the pump I went to, so I went to another one to find the same thing happening. Every once in a while I've had luck at high pressure handles that don't disengage on me, but for the most part I get about half a gallon, then have to put-put it the rest of the way. If I full throttle the pump it usually disengages right away.

On Wednesday I filled up to 6 gallons(took me about 10 minutes) and then it started overflowing on me which is bull****, I was under 1/4 tank. So on friday I was at the pump and barely got too 2 gallons before it started doing it again. And this time I couldn't even creep it along. It shut off if I pulled the handle at all. So I ripped that stupid plastic guard from the passenger side rear tire and took a peak but nothing visibly looks wrong. What the **** is wrong with this thing?! I obviously can't drive much longer like this or else I won't ever pump gas again. I have about 3 gallons as it sits now and I need to know what I can do to fix this. I've started taking clamps off the rubber hoses but they are glued onto the feeder pipes or something. Any tips on how to get them loose & what else should I be looking for/trying?

My bet is on the charcoal canister or one of its lines being plugged.

yea I would just unhook the line comming from the firewall to the canister and see how that goes. plug the canister end.

Nope, no check lights.

And by charcoal canister, you don't mean this thing by any chance, do you?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If you DO, then all those hoses are glued to it and the other pipes. I couldn't get them loose for my life. If you didn't mean that thing, then I'm not sure what you are referring too. My knowledge on new problems is usually no knowledge until I do it all myself.

Maybe take a look at the line from the fuel tank to where you fill it up. if it's kinked at all that might be the problem causing backpressure making the fuel to disenage or just to trickle out

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back