The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

So I cut up the low 11 second eclipse into pieces.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NDgsx

DSM Wiseman
Jun 10, 2002
Vancouver, Washington
A little history for those who are to new to remember who I am. I got into DSMs back in 99 when I bought a 92 Talon that was in mint condition. Once I started modding the car it all went downhill. A local guy was parting out his car, which at the time had all the "big money" parts on it.
Enter the living hell that is my Eclipse.

My dumbass sold the pristine 92 Talon and bought this whole car as a rolling chasis, then promptly found out that the thrust bearing was little ground out (I think he assembled the engine in a sand box ROFL ).

At that time I stripped the car down to a COMPLETELY bare shell in my parents gravel driveway and completely rebuilt it. This was from 01-spring 03.
The only original parts that remain on the car are the front A arms, the driveshaft, and the body panels. Every single nut, bolt, bracket, and wire came out of different cars. I was on some stupid quest to build a mint condition DSM, which I had already owned and sold :notgood:

Here's some pics from then,
Middle of running new wiring
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Where I tore the car down and painted the cage

Where it went back together

Yeah it was clean, yeah there are a ton of wires up there

Fully rebuilt the rear, all poly bushings, new ball joints, new wheel bearings, ST 1" rear sway bar, welded trailing arms, all repainted

Please don't reply until I make the other posts.......

So last season I went balls out gunning for 10s. I was working at Pina Motorsports building all the engines and trannies, I got parts at cost and fab work for FREE. Every DSMers dream right? Well it was actually a nightmare and I did way too much work last summer, broke too much stuff, and had problem after problem. It still did ok with a low 11, but I was highly disapointed for the setup.
Now it has made 633whp on my friends Laser after working bugs out.....live and learn.

Anyway by September I was fully sick of the car, I just couldn't deal with the extremely long nights and huge financial burden. I quit.
I pull everything off the car and sold most of the big parts within about a month.
Then the car sat on jackstands in my shop at home.

I quit working at Pina and took my job back at Costco as a supervisor (I now work in the corporate office as an automotive claims adjuster) where I make quite a big more money. At the end of December I bought an Evo and have been lightly modde

Early last season with the 3052

I never really ran high boost on that turbo, since I borrowed it from my friend. Race gas at 25psi best wast 11.6 at 117. Best MPH was 122. Ran a 12.1 at 114 at 14psi, with three degrees of total timing advance, and a blown headgasket ROFL

On last years NWDSM Hood River Run

It's been around so long, I STILL have a "club DSM" plate frame from the Talon digest WTF

At Renegade in Yakima last summer
http://airpoppoff.com/Extravaganzas/Team Bukkake Yakima 06.24.05/DSC_9573.JPG

Quickest pass that car will ever see
http://airpoppoff.com/Extravaganzas/Team Bukkake Yakima 06.24.05/DSC_9559.JPG

A video of that run, pleas right click and save as:
http://www.posdsm.com/matt/Vids/Team_Bukkake_Renegade_06.27.05_4x3.wmv

Changed your last two pictures to links, as they were wrecking the tables.

Long time no see, by the way :)

I quit working at Pina and took my job back at Costco as a supervisor (I now work in the corporate office as an automotive claims adjuster) where I make quite a big more money. At the end of December I bought an Evo and have been lightly modded.

I kept on saying that I would put the eclipse together with light mods and sell the whole car, but I can't bear to work on it. I can't stand the thought of somebody else in MY car you know.

So last Saturday I invited over a bunch of my friends that have been there through the life of this thing and that I've made because of it.
We had axes
Sledge hammers
a couple sawzalls
an oxy torch
a few beers
and a flat bed to load up

The first thing we did was cut out the sections of the cage to use as a jig on Will's 92 laser (which has my old FP3575 on it and made 633 at the wheels).

Let the party begin:

Ken is mad JDM and the evo plate

This is what happens when you listen to E40 too much

Will, the owner of the 6xxhp laser shows off his new FJ's mad off road ability, and gets JDM on dat azz
_DSC1116.jpg

[/img]http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/files/1/5/8/9/_DSC1110.jpg[/img]

Matt Poppoff and "Steve Hicks" destroy

I live on east hill, you flash westside and peeps throw 4G63s through your windshield

My roomate cuts up the last of it
_DSC1209.jpg

"Anybody want these Konis? You sure, last chance" WTF

So yeah I'm sorry to see her go, but that's ok because the vicous cycle starts again:
Putting a clutch in the evo Sunday

I can only imagine the DSM knowledge floating around in your head :D

Every part?

Dude I don't see it as a stupid quest, I just see it as growth.

Unbelievable determination. Cool.

:dsm:

EDIT: 2nd round of pics - mayhem

:beatentodeath: { -- Insert car here

Haha so thats the story with the dsm in the pic. I saw that pic on Yotatech and was wondering about it.

why would you completly trash a perfectly clean gsx. I could have used that shell for the 2.3 ive had sitting in my garage for the last 6 months.

Wow.. crazy destruction.

And the FJ.. I wish my friend would take his off road.. dang L.A. SUV owners.. what a waste

We are gonna do that to my buddys 88' Dodge Dynasty. We are taking chainsaws to it, then lighting it on fire!!

I had so much fun beating that car with an axe. Let's do it to the Evo. :sneaky:

So sad...I missed the mayhem cause of hangover...sorry to see it go buddy!

I heard Wombat was looking for another project, I'm sure he would have loved to keep the body in the "family".

while I disagree with the trashing of a rare car, I think it is incredible work you had done to it. Absolutly amazing to tear apart and rebuild an entire car. Any Idea what the final cost was to basicly make it a "new" car? good luck with the evo, I can still only dream of the day when I will get one

Any punishment inflicted on a DSM is well deserved after all the shit they put us through.

#### it, it had it coming.

So you destroyed a completely good DSM chassis. Not cool. These cars are becoming increasingly rare and you guys thought it would be fun to destroy it just because you made dumb decision to pour time and money into it when you weren't enjoying it. Why not look back on it as it was an accomplishment? Sounds like you have some anger management issues.

A lot of people could have put it to good use. It's not like you didn't take off the big parts like you said you did, in which it wouldn't be the car you "built."

If this is what passes for entertainment in Washington state in the woods, then it's really.... lame.:notgood:

Screw it. Its his car, he can do whatever he wants. At least he didnt buy a honda. He bought an EVO...

AWDPetmitsu said:
So you guys had a good time taking out all your rage and frustration on a DSM chassis? Cool! These cars are becoming increasingly rare and you guys thought it would be fun to destroy it just because you make mad money. Why didnt you call me so I could join in? Sounds like you had a blast!

A lot of people could have taken their rage out on it too. It's not like you couldnt have posted about it before hand so we could have all participated in the destruction of the car you "built."

If this is how much money you make in Washington to be able to cut up a good car and afford an Evo then :thumb:

Couldnt agree with you more. ROFL

AWDPetmitsu said:
A lot of people could have put it to good use. It's not like you didn't take off the big parts like you said you did, in which it wouldn't be the car you "built."

If this is what passes for entertainment in Washington state in the woods, then it's really.... lame.:notgood:

It was too much of a break to have Nick see someone else own it, So he did not want to pass it on to anyone else, and wanted to make sure he was the last owner of the car. Essentially it was like an old school built up hotrod to him.

That was easily one of my top 5 favorite 1g's of all time. I can not believe you just totally trashed it like that.

You know how many people would have killed for that chassis?

:idiot:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back