The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

So i bought a locked 2G Eclipse....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OG_Nocturnal

Proven Member
Oct 16, 2022
Gray, Georgia
Like the title states, the car is completely locked down but the keys are in the ignition. Do yall have any recommendations on how to get inside??

You can see the key in the ignition in this picture.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Coat hanger at the lock through the window, or if the hatch is opened like it appears to be in the picture climb on in! (If it makes you feel better I’ve done it, it’s not fun, and I was 16 years younger so I can’t imagine it’d be delightful to crawl through there now at 33)

Coat hanger at the lock through the window, or if the hatch is opened like it appears to be in the picture climb on in! (If it makes you feel better I’ve done it, it’s not fun, and I was 16 years younger so I can’t imagine it’d be delightful to crawl through there now at 33)

After posting the pic I noticed that it looked like the hatch was open, but its not, i took that pic through the glass 😁😁

I didn't think about it before, but one of the handles is broken so I'll probably just break it off and push down on the release rod...

This was going to be my suggestion. It’s a good thing these cars aren’t super high demand because they are ridiculously easy to break in to. Pull the window, hanger down the side, break the door handle, etc. bunch of ways.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back