The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

so here is to people who don't wear seat belts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krackit

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 19, 2009
kingston, ON_Canada
My girlfriend and I were both in this truck when it flew off the road, hit a ditch and flipped 3 times. Thank god we are both okay and just banged up a bit but police and rescue crews said that the seat belts saved our lives.

Attachments

• IMG00156-20111114-1444.jpg
    IMG00156-20111114-1444.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 1321301978696.jpeg
    1321301978696.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG00158-20111114-1459.jpg
    IMG00158-20111114-1459.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 53
Glad you're both alright!

What in the world caused this accident to begin with?!

Glad your ok.:thumb: But um.. Are you a cop? Ok good, I never wear my seatbelt.:D Maybe ill look into it tho...:coy:

i always wear my seat belt hell fi i ahd it id drop a 4 point in the eclipse and i wont move the car unless every ones wearing a seat belt

accident was due to an empty box in the truck, really wet roads and following someone on a country road that was going pretty slow. just went to pass, touched the gas, back end broke loose and that's all she wrote. drove it into a ditched and flew about 200 ft away from the road and flipped it 3 times in the process....don't recall everything...happens faster than you can imagine.

Glad your all right, God bless.

Just... have to wonder the conditions which led to this truck flipping. Glad to hear everyone is alright though!

try reading.

Try Sarcasm.

accident was due to an empty box in the truck, really wet roads and following someone on a country road that was going pretty slow. just went to pass, touched the gas, back end broke loose and that's all she wrote. drove it into a ditched and flew about 200 ft away from the road and flipped it 3 times in the process....don't recall everything...happens faster than you can imagine.

I've underlined and bolded the important parts. I've Italicized and colored the parts that don't match up with the bits that are bolded and underlined.

What is 'slow' in Canada? 70+?

Try Sarcasm.

I've underlined and bolded the important parts. I've Italicized and colored the parts that don't match up with the bits that are bolded and underlined.

What is 'slow' in Canada? 70+?

try being a dick. im a professional person of almost 26 years of age who doesn't go out and get speeding tickets every other weekend and do stupid things like it seems a lot of the kids on this board do. the truck was on all 4 wheels for the first 100 ft or so. I was doing 85km/h. we are both lucky to be alive right now. it was actually just a terrible ACCIDENT. learn when to open your f*&%in mouth.

Good customer who comes into my workplace just got broad-sided in the driver's door by a cube van in his Silverado 2500 a month or so ago. No seatbelt- walked away without a scratch. Had the seat belt been holding him into the seat, he would have been seriously injured; possibly dead.

There are arguments both ways- shouldn't start a thread with such a controversial title. Obviously if you're in a head-on collision or a rollover the seatbelt will help you out, but not always.

try being a dick. im a professional person of almost 26 years of age who doesn't go out and get speeding tickets every other weekend and do stupid things like it seems a lot of the kids on this board do. the truck was on all 4 wheels for the first 100 ft or so. I was doing 85km/h. we are both lucky to be alive right now. it was actually just a terrible ACCIDENT. learn when to open your f*&%in mouth.

Well, for one, I'm a dick by nature. LOL

Two, you can be professional all you want, that's fine. People make mistakes, however. They also don't understand proper punctuation.

Three, 53ish MPH on a rainy back road and then attempting to pass someone shows negligence in understanding that wet = slippery. Slippery = easier loss of traction. You obviously had trouble applying gradual throttle in order to obtain speed to pass. You also obviously accelerated a great deal to send a truck 'flying' and roll multiple times.

Now, I'm not too savvy, but the heavier something is, the more momentum it must have to toss it's center of gravity overboard and cause it to tumble. I'm also no gardener, but rain = mud. Mud = a good absorbent and shock retardant. In my experience.. you know.. living in the south where we try to roll large vehicles in the mud for the hell of it...you have to have some pretty decent speed to roll something once, not to mention 3 times.

Somewhere there's a discrepancy. Again - Glad everyone is safe, but I'm just playing the advocate here and pointing something out that doesn't seem right. :hmm: Stop taking it so personal. You're in good enough condition to get mad. Be proud of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, for one, I'm a dick by nature. LOL

Two, you can be professional all you want, that's fine. People make mistakes, however. They also don't understand proper punctuation.

Three, 53ish MPH on a rainy back road and then attempting to pass someone shows negligence in understanding that wet = slippery. Slippery = easier loss of traction. You obviously had trouble applying gradual throttle in order to obtain speed to pass. You also obviously accelerated a great deal to send a truck 'flying' and roll multiple times.

Now, I'm not too savvy, but the heavier something is, the more momentum it must have to toss it's center of gravity overboard and cause it to tumble. I'm also no gardener, but rain = mud. Mud = a good absorbent and shock retardant. In my experience.. you know.. living in the south where we try to roll large vehicles in the mud for the hell of it...you have to have some pretty decent speed to roll something once, not to mention 3 times.

Somewhere there's a discrepancy. Again - Glad everyone is safe, but I'm just playing the advocate here and pointing something out that doesn't seem right. :hmm: Stop taking it so personal. You're in good enough condition to get mad. Be proud of that.

It was on a highway, just in the country. You do have highways down there don't you on roads other than interstates? And it was not just a ditch - it was a sloped gradient off the road and into a farmers field. And I said roads were wet since it had been raining a bit that morning, not like we had a flood and made the grounds all wet. Stop trying to be such a dick. Not sure who you are trying to impress but it is annoying. I understand roads and driving completely. I spend my life on the road for work in much worse conditions than you may encounter in Arkansas. I am probably a better driver than you in most conditions. Shit happens sometimes and unfortunately happened to me.

As for punctuation - it is not required in hangout so f off.

I'm not sure why there always has to be at least one dick on every post dealing with an accident or police encounter. I'm thankful to be able to walk away from this and just felt like sharing my experience. Didn't need a smartass to start shit. I spend more time on these forums just reading than posting, and see people making dumb comments in scenarios where someone could have been seriously hurt.

Pretty sure you took an innocent comment and blew it into space. I mean, we've even resulted to cursing and playing the 'I'm the better driver' card. Don't you think that's a bit ironic that just posts above this there's a truck you managed to roll not once but Three times? Hahah. You have to grow thicker skin. You said a few things, it makes it look like you want to share your story but not share the gritty details, someone points it out, you get offended. Sorry you're taking that so hard, then again....you did post about your personal wreck...on an automotive forum...in a section of the forum that is less strict and more open.

Remember - don't take it so hard. You obviously expected it, so why get upset when it happens?

Pretty sure you took an innocent comment and blew it into space. I mean, we've even resulted to cursing and playing the 'I'm the better driver' card. Don't you think that's a bit ironic that just posts above this there's a truck you managed to roll not once but Three times? Hahah. You have to grow thicker skin. You said a few things, it makes it look like you want to share your story but not share the gritty details, someone points it out, you get offended. Sorry you're taking that so hard, then again....you did post about your personal wreck...on an automotive forum...in a section of the forum that is less strict and more open.

Remember - don't take it so hard. You obviously expected it, so why get upset when it happens?

sorry to disappoint you but there are no gritty details.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back