The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

So apparently my car had turbo timer didn’t realize need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncarson91

Proven Member
Jan 2, 2021
north olmsted, Ohio
So apparently my car had turbo timer that wasn’t fully taken out. Now the issue is my car won’t shut off when I turn key back and take it out. Everything powers off but motor runs heard this is possible issue. Now how would I revert it back to stock to disable turbo timer wiring and such?

it should have a wire going to the e-brake switch. if you disconnect the wire it shouldn't activate.
On the blitz turbo timers its a purple wire. im not sure about other brands

it should have a wire going to the e-brake switch. if you disconnect the wire it shouldn't activate.
On the blitz turbo timers its a purple wire. im not sure about other brands
ok so mind u you have been a big hand with me on this car but honestly :/ what does ebrake switch look like and where is it located.... not to sound stupid i just honestly have no clue and i google imaged it but am still unsure.

So apparently my car had turbo timer that wasn’t fully taken out. Now the issue is my car won’t shut off when I turn key back and take it out. Everything powers off but motor runs heard this is possible issue. Now how would I revert it back to stock to disable turbo timer wiring and such?
Set the timer as zero second or turn it off, then it will shut the engine immediately. or remove it if you don't need it. Normally it's sandwiched between the ignition key cylinder connector and the body harness. Just disconnect everything and reconnect the harness. Upload a pic of the unit then we can probably tell you more.

Set the timer as zero second or turn it off, then it will shut the engine immediately. or remove it if you don't need it. Normally it's sandwiched between the ignition key cylinder connector and the body harness. Just disconnect everything and reconnect the harness. Upload a pic of the unit then we can probably tell you more.

the problem is the timer itself is not in the car just the wiring is.... im wondering how i remove this junk and go back to stock because i have not a clue on what wiring does what and how to get it back to stock unfortunatley. Im very new to the whole DSM scene.

i know its a lot to explain im sure. along with pictures :/ everything else works amazing in the car just this tiny issue.

usually the wire is spliced into the wire coming off the switch.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

the problem is the timer itself is not in the car just the wiring is.... im wondering how i remove this junk and go back to stock because i have not a clue on what wiring does what and how to get it back to stock unfortunatley. Im very new to the whole DSM scene.
Remove the steering column cover and find the ignition key cylinder connector, normally located around there. If not just trace the cables, you will probably find it.

ok well im gonna try the ebrake switch connector now see if it works if not tomorrow when my buddy comes over he knows more about this than i do but he has never had a turbo timer in his talon. he said he will help me wire the ignition back to stock and remove the turbo timer wiring. and HOPEFULLY LOL that solves my dilema. THANK YOU GUYS!!!! :)

like DSMPT was saying, look for a jumper harness between the ignition switch and the original IG switch plug.
the plug the should be going to the ignition switch is blue and white.

The turbo timer itself is hocked to the ignition harness, not to the e-brake switch. What connected to the e-brake switch is just a wire for safety switch. I imagine the previous owner directly connected the safety wire to ground due to some reason, probably your e-brake switch is broken. That's why it's always activated. If you are not familiar with wire work. Anyways find the control unit and manually turn it off, that's probably the easiest way to deactivate it. I guess it's hidden somewhere behind dash panels, center console, maybe under the stereo.

Take the lower dash section off (four bolts {two behind small covers}), then remove the nuts holding the metal ignition wire housing that covers all the key cylinder wires, and start looking there. Upload some pics on here and that will help a lot.

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-27_0-58-28.png
    upload_2021-2-27_0-58-28.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 16
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back