The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

So any one else get hassled about gettin an import id love to hear the stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was driving around the city the other night with my two friends(one has a stage 3 srt4 with some work done and the other a boosted civic) and this classic red neck with long nasty hair and missing teeth driving a chevy silverodo pulls up next to me and tries messing with me! I messed back once and it wasn't anything even worth mentioning cause it was pathetic how bad I spanked him and even after he kept pulling up next to me saying my cars a pos and that it doesn't have any power! So I told him to take his pos chevy and red neck a$$ back to the trailer park where he came from! He didnt like that at all cause he road my a$$ until I could get away from him! Comes with the car I guess!

Why are you yelling at me?.?.?.?. LOL. Jk.

i love the looks i get when i show people the 'made in USA' sticker inside the door.

i come from a town of around 2k people in it all rednecks no class or general car knowledge at all but this conversation really REALLY cracked me up here is the full conversation between me and a redneck from my town

Dustin Crocker Cummins got You smoked bud

Brian Hawkins
dustin i worry about you bud, im sure you were dropped on your head. if you knew anything about anything youd quickly realize that in terms of gear ratios and sheer weight to torque youd lose HORRIBLY think about it that car weighs as much as your bed and 1 tire. and still has a ####ton-o-torque even without the turbo then considering the work thats done to it. you could tow your truck with a stealth bomber and still lose.... LOL

Dustin Crocker u gotta realize the the gears in my trk alone has u woped not including the money that I have in the motor alone not including the trans bud. I would hve u off the line and smoking the tires off of my trk not including all the horses/torque comming out of it so keep dreaming there slick.

Brian Hawkins LOL nope im all wheel drive and lighter with just as much torque and 3/4 of the horse power you got ima take off like a ####in bullet and not spin a tire.

Dustin Bernard i would put my money on a boosted 4cyl over ANY diesel! my plain jane toyota smoked a cummins the other day. stupid redneck thought he was all that with the loud turbo and nasty black smoke puffin out the back. just wanted to stop after i smoked him and slap the stupid out of him!

When it comes to weight to power ratio, a diesel truck can be fast, and still haul more than your "dsm."

Well i drove over to a near by town where races are held and a couple of mustang guys were in a lot with 2 mini vans. I drove up and wanted to see if the would lay down some bets and all they said is wheres your badge and that they dont want to waste there race gas and that i can race there van.

LOL did you read whole my post? You made general assumptions without any thought. You just proved my point! :tease:

It's been proven year after year that foreign cars are the way to go.

Remember that bailout for the "Big 3"? All that money and they still make crappy cars. It's just more of the same.

BTW, I own a 99 RS and a 99 GSX. Im trying to get a 93 RX-7 or a 93 Supra to add to my collection. Maybe an Evo also, not sure which year. Does that mean Im a ricer and broke? :hmm::hellyeah:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I have gotten way more respect, compliments, and stares than any hate. I've given a few v8 friends for rides and they love it. Sometimes people try to get ahead of me when I'm trying to merge on onramps...god I love when I get a green light to boost like that...

LOL did you read whole my post? You made general assumptions without any thought. You just proved my point! :tease:

It's been proven year after year that foreign cars are the way to go.

Remember that bailout for the "Big 3"? All that money and they still make crappy cars. It's just more of the same.

BTW, I own a 99 RS and a 99 GSX. Im trying to get a 93 RX-7 or a 93 Supra to add to my collection. Maybe an Evo also, not sure which year. Does that mean Im a ricer and broke? :hmm::hellyeah:

Where's this proof? Still haven't found it. Personally I think DSM's are poorly built... it is what it is though.

I forgot to add to my other post. Vandalism.

1 count screws behind each tire
1 count burrito smashed on windshield
1 count cookies busted up and shoved into my cracked open sunroof
3 counts key marks
1 count duct tape on the bottom of all my tires?
Does a thumbs down on the highway from a 91 toyota T100 painted yellow and rusted to hell count? I sure felt violated.

I'm sure there's more.

Where's this proof? Still haven't found it. Personally I think DSM's are poorly built... it is what it is though.

I think what he means is that it's fairly wide-spread opinion that many imports have better construction quality than many domestics. Fact? I dunno but if you put your biases aside I'm pretty sure anyone comes to the same general consensus.

"Yo, my 93' F150 with 18 different dash, trim and accessory pieces missing and cracks throughout the interior is a way better car cuzz it's domestic."

WTF?!? ok.....WOW.......Just........wow........LOL
Where the hell is the rest of batman's uniform? LOL

That mother####er will make you swallow that pearl necklace and look like a mother####ing badass while he does it. Not unlike driving a well built DSM.

I hate stupid threads like this. First off, nothing is 100% made in America.

Domestic-Parts Content: Where the Automakers Stand - KickingTires
- Cars.com

AND MY ####ING CHEVY WAS BUILT IN ILLINOIS DICKHEADS.

Maybe the OP should have given a little history on the import (rice) or domestic (muscle) topic.

For many years now there has been a great divide in the car scene. As previously stated we can credit the 2000 Film The Fast & The Furious for a lot of it....

So for over 10 years now regardless of individual part production, or plant completion of said vehicles locations stateside or abroad.

We all still consider GM, Ford, and Dodge/Chrysler vehicles as domestic.

We all still consider Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi to be import (I know I'm completely neglecting the Euro scene but for the purpose at hand I don't want to get too far off topic.

Pieyedpiper Are you in a serious relationship or have you been with a complete psycho? That is some crazy vandalism, I especially love the cookies.

I did once have a psycho who I worked with and gave the old hit and quit, key my flat black miata....I walked out of work, noticed key marks all down the side...laughed my ASS OFF!!, pulled out a rattle can of flat black touched her up, dropped the top, and kept it pushing....To this day I pray she was inside watching like " OOOO I got him good"

If this happened to my eclipse, I would have literally cried, dropped to my knees and been begging God to take it back. haha

Buy a rotary. The hate increases 10 fold.

It's slow. I don't care.
It's stupid engineering. It's cause you don't understand it.
It doesn't make any torque. Give me a turbo, I'll make a 18G torque curve with a 35R.
It's unreliable. You make one. Then when you think you've perfected it to 80% we'll release it and let you warranty the engines.

Last edited by a moderator:
So for over 10 years now regardless of individual part production, or plant completion of said vehicles locations stateside or abroad.

We all still consider GM, Ford, and Dodge/Chrysler vehicles as domestic.

We all still consider Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi to be import (I know I'm completely neglecting the Euro scene but for the purpose at hand I don't want to get too far off topic.

Unless you are trying to say our cars are some kind pound puppy mutts with no home in either scene....I've never heard anyone call my gsx a muscle car, and I don't think it's going through an identity crisis...

This raises the question can one really split from it's own brothers? Since by brand we would be import in the mitsubishi's or domestic in an eagle or plymouth.

I don't think anyone is really negating the fact our cars are a product of a joint merger of mitsu and chrysler. I don't think anyone is negating the fact these cars aren't built in japan. In fact Jaguars and Land Rovers are also built partially in Ford factories I'd love to see you tell one of those owners they are driving a domestic.

Consider then, if you will, a great deal of "American products" or "American companies products." Having been made, assembled, packaged, painted, or in some way outsourced to countries like China, Honduras, Canada, Mexico, etc....

The point of this discussion is really the stereotyping of the import car scene having been ridiculed by the stereotyping of the muscle car scene. Not where cars are really manufactured.

Me personally I knew I was driving an "import" many years ago I came to terms with it....I'd rather be driving one of the great imports than considered a mutt child 4 banger of what companies bred the greatest muscle cars of all time. That would leave me feeling sad.....:notgood:

I think what he means is that it's fairly wide-spread opinion that many imports have better construction quality than many domestics. Fact? I dunno but if you put your biases aside I'm pretty sure anyone comes to the same general consensus.

"Yo, my 93' F150 with 18 different dash, trim and accessory pieces missing and cracks throughout the interior is a way better car cuzz it's domestic."

Thank you! :applause:

That is exactly the kind of people i always seem to come across. I think im too friendly or approachable?

maybe they just hate seeing an amercian citizen enjoying non-domestic vehicles, even if made in america?

Unless you are trying to say our cars are some kind pound puppy mutts with no home in either scene....I've never heard anyone call my gsx a muscle car, and I don't think it's going through an identity crisis...

This raises the question can one really split from it's own brothers? Since by brand we would be import in the mitsubishi's or domestic in an eagle or plymouth.

I don't think anyone is really negating the fact our cars are a product of a joint merger of mitsu and chrysler. I don't think anyone is negating the fact these cars aren't built in japan. In fact Jaguars and Land Rovers are also built partially in Ford factories I'd love to see you tell one of those owners they are driving a domestic.

Consider then, if you will, a great deal of "American products" or "American companies products." Having been made, assembled, packaged, painted, or in some way outsourced to countries like China, Honduras, Canada, Mexico, etc....

The point of this discussion is really the stereotyping of the import car scene having been ridiculed by the stereotyping of the muscle car scene. Not where cars are really manufactured.

Me personally I knew I was driving an "import" many years ago I came to terms with it....I'd rather be driving one of the great imports than considered a mutt child 4 banger of what companies bred the greatest muscle cars of all time. That would leave me feeling sad.....:notgood:

this is what the thread was about people just assume that mitsu honda and toyota are imports and chevy ford and dodge are american also i was talkin about reactions from employees or family not necessarily hate just general reactions

Cool, you just placed a bias on someone owning an F150. I disagree with what you have to say. I know plenty of die hard domestic drivers with very clean trucks. Just because I own a domestic rig doesn't mean I'm missing 18 dash pieces. I actually take care of it very well.

Thank you! :applause:

That is exactly the kind of people i always seem to come across. I think im too friendly or approachable?

maybe they just hate seeing an amercian citizen enjoying non-domestic vehicles, even if made in america?

No you're just 16 with a non turbo import. And they're not 100% made in America. Get it straight. Your little eclipse is not 100% American made. I don't know where you're getting this fact from.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL ROFL! LOL

If only everyone this thread could see the trucks that roam RI everyday!
I actually like domestics myself, but Ive seen way too many in very poor condition. Ever seen a 2007-08 mustang on steelies with a shattered bumper and busted windshield? Ive also seen some horrendously poor looking and cared-for imports myself, so let me be clear on that. Just answering the question that was asked.

Sorry to hijack the thread, OP, but I have come across friends, family, co-workers and strangers who hassle me also about my car. I love my cars either way.

Oh and im also in my twenties and own a 99 rs and 99 gsx.

Cool, you just placed a bias on someone owning an F150. I disagree with what you have to say. I know plenty of die hard domestic drivers with very clean trucks. Just because I own a domestic rig doesn't mean I'm missing 18 dash pieces. I actually take care of it very well.

You seem to have a guilty conscience. It wasnt even talking about you. LOL

Last edited:
Buy a rotary. The hate increases 10 fold.

It's slow. I don't care.
It's stupid engineering. It's cause you don't understand it.
It doesn't make any torque. Give me a turbo, I'll make a 18G torque curve with a 35R.
It's unreliable. You make one. Then when you think you've perfected it to 80% we'll release it and let you warranty the engines.

Lol. Rotaries are cool but I wouldn't own one. I do hear friends of mine that into rx-7s get shit for "having stupid little wanker engines".

sup guys, i was in the Honda game for some time, from the age of 16, and the one thing that i can tell you about the DSM world is that all you guys really love your cars, i was always in love with the 2g spyder and at the time i was looking at one they where still holding there price pretty well. so i was back to the honda thing. Everyone in this honda thing is that they hate the DSM'ers. i have been to so many honda meets and it's the same thing over and over again, people are looking at your car, but not to like it or give you props, or ask you how you made it the way you did, but to steal your hard work and time from you. the First DSM 96 gs Coupe i got was from some mex guy that traded me for a laptop, and i was the happest person in my life..LOL it was great but that did not last long, the car was not taking care of right and she died..R.I.P.... then i when back to honda for like 2 years, and they stole my car from infront of my house, and i got money for the dum honda and bought my 2nd DSM , it was a 97 GS Spyder, ugly as shit but it was my Spyder, everyone told me it is shit , but i did not care, but...LOL yes it was bad and broke down , motor blow.LOL #### my luck..., soooo yes honda.....BUT THEN i was so tired of the honda game i sold my 1998 Integra Type-r, And Bought a MINT GST Spyder 98, and man im in love this is my first turbo car, it's So Stock , it even has all the books in the car and that part that covers the top when its down.. DSM meets are more about the people and there hard work on our cars, and respect. We are older guys and dont have time for bullshit. But really i want to say Thank you guys for doing what you do, and it's ### of you guys that make your DSM so clean and perfect that made me Want one and be part of this community that we call a family.:thumb:

LOL ROFL! LOL

If only everyone this thread could see the trucks that roam RI everyday!
I actually like domestics myself, but Ive seen way too many in very poor condition. Ever seen a 2007-08 mustang on steelies with a shattered bumper and busted windshield? Ive also seen some horrendously poor looking and cared-for imports myself, so let me be clear on that. Just answering the question that was asked.

Sorry to hijack the thread, OP, but I have come across friends, family, co-workers and strangers who hassle me also about my car. I love my cars either way.

Oh and im also in my twenties and own a 99 rs and 99 gsx.

You seem to have a guilty conscience. It wasnt even talking about you. LOL

Cool. You don't own a 99 gsx dumb####.

i simply cannot understand you 4G63 owners. im not sure i ever will or can, neither. i dont mean to be a dick, but it gets sooo old and annoying fast.

as a 420A owner, i hear this all the time. what exactly is lousy about the 420A engine? not only that , by why bother posting in 420A related threads if it's so "lousy"?

ROFL

I don't understand why you would have a N/T eclipse listed (as your primary DSM) if you actually had a 99 GSX as well. It appears that a month or so ago, he went from 420a is number one glory to I have a GSX. Seems a little fishy.

his story changed so fast because race car. Any way I wanna Chuck Norris kick the guy at the speed shop where I live. I go in there looking to spend money on my car and he hassles me and says its an american muscle store not an import and says he doesnt have anything. I then stare at him for what feels like an hour imagining running him over because dsm was built in illinois... american car! maby not muscle but its a speed shop! ahhhhhhhhhhhh

He doesn't actually have one. Ask him to provide pictures of it with a random item, bet he can't produce. Pretty sad that he feels the need to make up owning a $5,000.00 car.

Remember he claims it is black.

Last edited:
He doesn't actually have one. Ask him to provide pictures of it with a random item, bet he can't produce. Pretty sad that he feels the need to make up owning a $5,000.00 car.

To some people thats alot...:nono: LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back