The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

So any one else get hassled about gettin an import id love to hear the stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I finally got my 98 GST yesterday im so stoked i cant wiat till monday to have all the maitenence done on it im haveing everything done i might even have my blinker fluid and muffler bearings replaced

Last edited:
Cool, you just placed a bias on someone owning an F150. I disagree with what you have to say. I know plenty of die hard domestic drivers with very clean trucks. Just because I own a domestic rig doesn't mean I'm missing 18 dash pieces. I actually take care of it very well.

I own the F150. Pick your bones elsewhere.

Last edited:
I always have people talking shit about my cars. I live in Minnesota of all places. If that isn't bad enough, I live farther north then the Twin Cities. Up here, its all about (to most idiots), who's truck is the loudest. I'm dead serious too. Just the other day one of my friends randomly comes to my house and says "..we're going to Final Destination 5!" so I went along.

I get in the car and there are two of the most imbreed people I have ever met sitting in the car. I didn't know this yet however. We get to the theatre and we are waiting for someone. A truck with a loud exhaust goes flying by. One of the two imbreeds say "Now that's a truck with some powa'!". I simply laughed. Then he kind of gave me a bad look and said "Better than your little ### shit."

Now mind you my car was built in Illinois. I made this clear to him. Then he mentioned something about...tar babies or something. Then he clarifies "they can only be used on tar. Stupid cars.. You need a big ol' Chevy with a lift, huge tires and pipe!". At this point I nearly fell over laughing so hard. I then made the example of rally racing. I even went to the extreme of saying "Really!?! Well damn.. Last time I checked, Ken Block was using a ####in' Ford Feista to do rallys." They didn't say much after that... Morons.

My dad also refurs to my cars as "### scrap" everytime "we" go to work on them. And when I say we, I mean him. He has the belief his is like the god of doing everything right and takes over doing everything. So I end up watching him get just PISSED OFF over putting fender liners in.... I mean really? FENDER LINERS! LOL Then he has to call the "### Scrap". I guess you can't expect much, coming from a guy who is scared to do anything performance wise to engines. I know he is because he has forbid me of ever modifiying my cars' ('95 Talon TSi AWD, '99 Eclipse GS-T), engines for anything but looks.

GAWD. Facepalm...

Back when I was autocrossing a 2G in ESP in the boonies of Pennsylvania, I called the car a "Japanese F-body" just to annoy the Camaro drivers (and one particular driver - Sam Strano - most of all). It was actually quite effective (and I'm not above playing head games, especially when my driving needs all the help it can get.) I also would enter either "All Your Boost Are Belong To Us" or "Pray For Rain" in the entry slot for "sponsor." That was also entertaining.

It goes without saying (which is why I'm about to say it) that there was more than a little rivalry between the "muscles cars" and my DSM. In fact, the only thing that could unite the F-body and Mustang drivers was the presence of one or more DSMs. Of course, all three groups would be united if a Supra showed up. Nothing like group envy to bring usual enemies together.

I live down in the deep deep south. I own a F350 Turbo Diesel 4x4 King Ranch. I also own a Turbo Diesel VW Jetta.

Now you think with me owning the SUPER HUGE TRUCK that they would back off on me because of my "Kiddie Ricer f** mobile" Well, no. But I tell everyone that I can out pull what they have. I can out go the distance of what they have (VW Jetta TDi gets 45mpg) and that the Rice Mobile will probably smoke what they have.

They tend to just laugh it off with a "Yeah OK" but I just ignore them from that point on. I love my car and thats all there is to it.

Back when I was autocrossing a 2G in ESP in the boonies of Pennsylvania, I called the car a "Japanese F-body" just to annoy the Camaro drivers (and one particular driver - Sam Strano - most of all). It was actually quite effective (and I'm not above playing head games, especially when my driving needs all the help it can get.) I also would enter either "All Your Boost Are Belong To Us" or "Pray For Rain" in the entry slot for "sponsor." That was also entertaining.

It goes without saying (which is why I'm about to say it) that there was more than a little rivalry between the "muscles cars" and my DSM. In fact, the only thing that could unite the F-body and Mustang drivers was the presence of one or more DSMs. Of course, all three groups would be united if a Supra showed up. Nothing like group envy to bring usual enemies together.

Where in PA do you hail from? I'm located in the Wilkes-Barre area.

It is true this is like the land of Mustangs..There are a few Camaro/Trans Am around that can move. The Camaro/Trans Am got a horrible name in the early 90's since everyone and their mother had one with a le bra on the front. Loving the style in their 6 cyl or 305...... Now they are all 6cyl and 1-15 is a v8. The only place I see Cam's any more are rotting in the yards of those 80-90's owners who just can't let go of the past. Greasy haired bros, big haired ladies, pack-o-cowboy-killers and Poison....haha

I think the "hate" just comes from ignorance, love for whatever they drive, and some from jealousy.

A guy at work that is a ford truck guy/V8 asked when I get done with my car will it be fast? I said yeah blah blah blah like to work on it, etc. Back and forth with him. The best was he asked about another guy that has a stock 05 mustang gt and if my car could even keep up with it when it was done. :hmm: He had no idea at all that 400hp is fairly easily achieved. I got the are you gonna run NOS FNF questions :rolleyes: to be able to keep up with a stock mustang. Even my kids make fun of that movie when the speedo is just creeping up above 120 while using NOS.

In all fairness the barley over 120 is probably right since in the movie it was a non-turboed 420A

Horsepower isn't the deciding factor for a car being a sports car.

Take in consideration A 90-93 miata 1.6l produces approx 90 hp at the rear wheels. Which if you stacked next to some other cars is pitiful.

However, take into consideration the car has a 50/50 power to weight ratio it isn't just a sports car its a perfectly balanced and well thought out sports car. Then you can add in it it only has 2 doors and only 2 seats. It isn't offered with a crappier engine, or less performance. The most they robbed owners was alloy wheels, and no power options (but they make some ferrari without power windows....)

A Miata gets the distinct compliment of being a roadster.

A Miata gets the distinct compliment of being a roadster.

I love miata's they are like a street legal go cart. I have one on a back burner needing a lot of body work and a turbo kit.... I will be giving it a home-made turbo kit including a 14b, our stock injectors which are at least double the size and some other dsm goodies. Even at 10 psi this car will be a screamer. The 1.6l was also used in the 323gtx turbo in the late 80's the Miata came with a higher compression ratio version of this engine, so boost it and go to town...

Once I get my gsx out of the garage.....

I came up with a good one earlier today.

Import Muscle Mutts . . .

I bet this was on the drawing board when they were like.

"A mopar sign getting raped by a turbo..I don't know if this is ok"

"Yea I just don't see it getting the people's love like a series of diamond shapes making a star....We could call it Diamond Star Motors, and then just use the Mitsu logos on some, the Plymouth on some, and the Eagle on others..." haha

Priceless post, right here.

I always have people talking shit about my cars. I live in Minnesota of all places. If that isn't bad enough, I live farther north then the Twin Cities. Up here, its all about (to most idiots), who's truck is the loudest. I'm dead serious too. Just the other day one of my friends randomly comes to my house and says "..we're going to Final Destination 5!" so I went along.

I get in the car and there are two of the most imbreed people I have ever met sitting in the car. I didn't know this yet however. We get to the theatre and we are waiting for someone. A truck with a loud exhaust goes flying by. One of the two imbreeds say "Now that's a truck with some powa'!". I simply laughed. Then he kind of gave me a bad look and said "Better than your little ### shit."

Now mind you my car was built in Illinois. I made this clear to him. Then he mentioned something about...tar babies or something. Then he clarifies "they can only be used on tar. Stupid cars.. You need a big ol' Chevy with a lift, huge tires and pipe!". At this point I nearly fell over laughing so hard. I then made the example of rally racing. I even went to the extreme of saying "Really!?! Well damn.. Last time I checked, Ken Block was using a ####in' Ford Feista to do rallys." They didn't say much after that... Morons.

My dad also refurs to my cars as "### scrap" everytime "we" go to work on them. And when I say we, I mean him. He has the belief his is like the god of doing everything right and takes over doing everything. So I end up watching him get just PISSED OFF over putting fender liners in.... I mean really? FENDER LINERS! LOL Then he has to call the "### Scrap". I guess you can't expect much, coming from a guy who is scared to do anything performance wise to engines. I know he is because he has forbid me of ever modifiying my cars' ('95 Talon TSi AWD, '99 Eclipse GS-T), engines for anything but looks.

GAWD. Facepalm...

Sounds about the same as it is around here. We are only like 2 hrs apart thoughn so one couldn't expect it to be too different.

My entire family is into either classic cars or muscle cars. And dont get me wrong, I love classics and muscle as well. But needless to say, I constantly get shit from them saying "when are you going to buy a real car?" or "When are you going to sell that piece of crap and get a classic?" and so on and so fourth. They always shut up when I tell them to put their money where their mouth is and take their shit talking to the strip with me. They all know their heavy, old, car wont be able to keep up with my little 'rice burner". :D

Just today I'm feeding the day shift cops.

We are discussing my moms 97 gt convert. pulleys, intake, exhaust, lowered, cobra wheels.

They are loving the car, and I was telling the one I owned that in my 86 mustang (which wasn't slow by any means). Which my eclipse owned when I sold it to a friend for a year or so.... So I would there by own that mustang with my gsx. It was like trying to tell people the earth was round a few hundred years ago.....

They we're like what do you got in that? A hopped up lawn mower engine?

I was like take that fleet of cruisers we'll all line up and I bet you people don't come any where near me...

"Oh yea we'll do it..." yadda yadda and the import vs. domestic war rages on......

I will DEFF video tape a cruiser racing my dsm if I can really get them to do it...priceless priceless priceless.....

I used to work construction. An illegal that we hired went and bought an old civic with body kit, euro lights, yellow painted interior panels, the whole 9 yards. Naturally the older guys talked smack and when I told them I was buying a gsx I got all sorts of crap. They would all ask if they should start giving me rice for b-days and xmas and started in on things like put a 460 in it or 350 or 427 or something so its not ricey.

About a month later I got to work in my gsx, then after a few weeks of mods like mbc, i/c, exhaust, and fluid changes, and little things that we do. I decide it's time to start giving rides. Needless to say they were more than impressed and one even got ####,y and said I don't need a seat belt its not that fast, and about 1/8 mile later he's reaching for the belt like it's the last floatation device on the titanic :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back