The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

General Smallest harness to run car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sytherstrike

Proven Member
Mar 19, 2013
Flint, Michigan
Just wanted to share, its not supper clean but I'm happy how it turned out. 92 laser awd running megasquirt.

My car no longer has a mfi relay. There's one relay for the fuel pump than 2 fuses one for injectors one for coil. The ms directly drives the coil so no ignition module. The engine came out of a 90 so the coil has the tach signal, I just ran a wire directly to the back of the gauge cluster. I have tested everything as it goes into the car. Still waiting on parts to show up.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Nice, be sure to post some more details on things when you can. I've contemplated switching over myself.

What series MS are you running?
Im running ms1, I bought it when ms2 first came out. The ms1 can do pretty much everthing the others can.

Im running ms1, I bought it when ms2 first came out. The ms1 can do pretty much everthing the others can.

How's tunerstudio to use? How bout basemaps etc? Anything you can offer pro/con vs things like ECMlink?

If I switch I was going to go with ms3(x), but I'm still kicking the idea around.

How's tunerstudio to use? How bout basemaps etc? Anything you can offer pro/con vs things like ECMlink?

If I switch I was going to go with ms3(x), but I'm still kicking the idea around.

I'd defiantly go ms3, just for ease of use. Tunerstudio is pretty straight forward. The maps you pretty much build yourself. You put in your base engine settings than desired hp and it makes a base for fuel, usually rich than tune from there. For the ignition map I just studied a base 2g map from http://www.jeffgst.com/id20.html and put the numbers in. I used the 2g map mainly because its less aggressive and wanted to make sure I was in the safe zone. Once my car is running I plan to do a full build thread on it, with as much info as I can stuff into. I'd do that now but don't know how things are going to turn out. I'd like to do some dyno pulls and maybe do a 1/4 mile run to know all the work I put into this thing paid off, and was worth doing. If I end up not putting down the numbers I'm looking for I still enjoyed all the hours I've put into this car, kept me from losing my mind during the lockdown.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back