The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Small plans turn into Big Plans, again! Posting my winter build up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damn you. I wish I had been informed that you were selling your sbr manny. Even after I offered to loan you my ecu, this is how you treat me? I guess I am stuck buying the new fp cast piece.;)

Looks good so far, cant wait to see the finished product and some good timeslips. And if you need another 6 bolt 64 crank, let me know. I have one sitting here taking up space and I will probably never use it. And Im getting ready to jump on prolink and see what I can get the radiator hoses for. I might hit you up and see if you can get me a better price since you are still employed by them. I still get some things at jobber or 10% over but if my warehouse doesnt stock them and they have to come from Highpoint, I dont get those prices.

Yeah, the pictures are still there and visible....
Must be a problem on your end, man.

Thats weird becasue It's only the first 2 post by Dan. All the other post that he made with pics I can see them. :confused:

Thats a nice looking Header there. Should help spool up quite a bit.

Ok its something with my home computer, I can see the pics now that im at work.

Everything looks awsome Dan. Keep up the good work.

Ewwwwwwwwwww your ear broke off! I had a orange talon 2 summers ago, went 10.87@132. Last pass i made the rear ear broke off my block. Had it rewelded but dont be surprised when it doesnt hold! It sucks, id look into a new block

Got my new clutch disk in the mail. Woot.

Attachments

• DSCF0874 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF0874 (Custom).JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 391
  • DSCF0876 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF0876 (Custom).JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 406
Well I got the bosch 044 installed today. I went with my original plan and ran it inline with the 255 in tank feeding it. Just gotta run the power wire and tidey up the hose and were all set.

I used a conduit bracket from hope depot that was $1, and mounted it to one of the front gas tank studs.

Attachments

• Bosch 010 (Custom).jpg
    Bosch 010 (Custom).jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 496
  • Bosch 012 (Custom).jpg
    Bosch 012 (Custom).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 501
  • Bosch 020 (Custom).jpg
    Bosch 020 (Custom).jpg
    54 KB · Views: 499
  • Bosch 024 (Custom).jpg
    Bosch 024 (Custom).jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 500
If I were you, I'd keep the routing on the drivers side away from the exhaust. Looks like it's coming from the pass side.

Morphius said:
You should spray the trans with a clear paint of some sort. (not sure what type to use) It'll seal the 'pores' of the aluminum and make it easier to clean off.

I was wondering if there is a special technique or method used to do this. Prep work? Base coat?

Well I got a little work done last night. I ported out the oil relief port in the oil filter housing, and put that back on, as well as installed the new timing cover and accessory belts. Man I love that new cover. Oh and I got my new flywheel today, ebay FTW!!

Attachments

• ACT FW 002 (Custom).jpg
    ACT FW 002 (Custom).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 435
  • car 003 (Custom).jpg
    car 003 (Custom).jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 436
  • car 001 (Custom).jpg
    car 001 (Custom).jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 436
I transferred over my fan and put on my new hoses on my newer, better condition radiator that came with the car. My other rad had a few rows turning green. I also put on the sweet water pipe, and sent my valve cover out to be shaved and polished, thats why my old VC is sitting on it right now. I also got the Bosch 044 finished up.

And I just got some pics some Tim. The manifold is fully done, and so is the 02 housing. Heres some pics of it mocked up with my old turbo that Tim bought off me.
Its just simply bad ass.

Attachments

• DSCF0962 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF0962 (Custom).JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 429
  • DSCF0963 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF0963 (Custom).JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 420
  • DSCF0964 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF0964 (Custom).JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 426
  • Picture 169 (Custom).jpg
    Picture 169 (Custom).jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 425
  • Picture 174 (Custom).jpg
    Picture 174 (Custom).jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 409
  • Picture 176 (Custom).jpg
    Picture 176 (Custom).jpg
    46 KB · Views: 397
I was wondering if there is a special technique or method used to do this. Prep work? Base coat?

Yes, I can't speak to details. I'd suggest talking to you local paint shop.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Got some work done today on the engine. Right now I'm just doing misc. stuff to tide me over until the manifold and o2 housing show up, then I'll finally drop in the engine/trans together.

First the other day I finished the wiring and running the fuel lines on the bosch 044. Then I did a fluid change in the rear diff, using some Joe Gibbs racing oil Paul gave me.

Thursday I finally got my 6 bolt non turbo oil pan. Its been a plan of mine for a while now to take a non turbo pan, and weld a -10 drain fitting to it. So thats what I did. Its tacked on the outside and fully tigged on the inside. Yay!, theres another potential leak spot eliminated.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So while I had the old pan off I took a look at the bottom end. Everything *looks* to be in tip top shape.

Here is the pan installed.

I also had my TB rebuilt. I sent it out to my buddy Jim Hutte in Norwalk baby! Yes, I could of done it but he offered to do it for the cost of shipping so why not. He did an excellent job I might add.

And here it is installed with the TB elbow and fresh gaskets.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMFG!!!!

Dan-O got a bumper!!!

For those of you that don't know me I've rarely had a front bumper on any of my dsm's for the past 2 or so years, so this is a BIG accomplishment for me.

And I'm STILL waiting for parts.

I know for a fact that I'll have the 02/ downpipe from Tim this week. Maybe the manifold, Tim sent it out last Tuesday to Jet Hot but they are all the way down in Missouri so I don't know if it will get to me on time by the weekend.

And I've got a huge parts list on order for Paul at Lanes but I'm not picking that up until he's got my turbo in stock. Turbonetics is taking forever to ship out all the 550's b/c they were the most in demand upon initial buy in. Maybe they will be in this week but I'm done holding my breath on them.

Other things on my list for Paul are some gaskets, Air filter, some fittings, catch can, header wrap, etc.

Other things that should show up this week are my valve cover, SS braided brake lines, and a Suspension Techniques rear anti sway bar.

I did pick up some speed bleeders, copper turbo outlet gasket from AGP, and some SS VC bolts.

Attachments

• DSCF1034 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF1034 (Custom).JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 305
  • DSCF1031 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF1031 (Custom).JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 287
  • DSCF1038 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF1038 (Custom).JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 291
Looking great Dan-O and it appears that you have the makings of a real street beast. I'll keep the link you sent me and check in on it from time to time.

Love ya bro!

A.

Got my 02 housing in from Tim today.

Yeah, I know. Its badass.

Attachments

• DSCF1046 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF1046 (Custom).JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 266
  • DSCF1045 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF1045 (Custom).JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 271
  • DSCF1041 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF1041 (Custom).JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 276
I'm Just curious why you didnt run a forward facing oil filter braket. The curve off the turbo looks very tight. Other then that very nice set up!

I've had that filter housing for a while now and I paid $20 for it.

The bend is nothing to worry about.

Guys, its a pie cut bend right there, retaining a full 2.5" the entire curve. It flows just as much as a 45* pipe would. And right after the bend it flares out to a full 3" all the way down.

Its nothing to worry about and flow no less than any other setup.

I got some more goodies in today.

My shaved and polished VC came into, it looks outstanding. If anyone wants info on it, PM me and I'll get you his contact info.

And my QTP 3" exhaust cutout came in today. This is gonna be a little fun toy and for the track.

Last edited by a moderator:
Installed w/ new gasket and bolts.

Attachments

• DSCF1066 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF1066 (Custom).JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 223
  • DSCF1070 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF1070 (Custom).JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCF1073 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF1073 (Custom).JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 216
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back