The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Small intake restrictive?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJCTalon

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 20, 2009
Nebraska
Okay I ordered the 3" 20g anti surge compressor housing off ebay. Currently Im running an injen intake which is 2.25.

Will my intake restrict this turbo? Will I even notice a difference switching to a 3inch intake?

Yeah, it is likely that it would. First there is the transition from 2.25" to 3" which is not desireable. The 2.25" intake pipe is also restrictive when flowing as much air as a 20g. Consider a full 3" pipe. Someone else may even have data to support a 4" pipe choice.

When I upgraded to my Green, I went with the FP 4" intake.

You got the car with an fp green, quit fooling around Josh..LOL

Not that god awful one! It was like 6 years old LOL. I had to get another like 2 months after buying the car -_-

Agreed, get a 3" or 4". Hell, if you want to save some bucks, go to home depot, and buy some pvc elbows to make your intake pipe.

Well unfortunatly they dont make a cheap 3inch intake for our cars. Dejon is over 200$

I guess I need to keep an eye on the classifieds. Im still on stock 2g maf as well.

Anyone have a 3inch intake for stock 2g maf for sale??

Will my intake restrict this turbo? Will I even notice a difference switching to a 3inch intake?
I think the additional intake piping size is necessary for the MWE webbing to work properly. A 20G compressor doesn't necessarily need a 3" intake....when the inlet of the cover is smaller than 3". ;)

MWE?

Im confused justin, So a 3 inch pipe is needed for the benifit of the housing?

The stock inlet on the compressor housing is 2.25 as well. Kinda odd a higher flowing compressor like the 20g has such a small inlet.

You think that may have anything to do with surging issues the 20g can be prone to?

Also If im not mistaken the 2g maf is oval and not really round. Will a standard 4inch round coupler fit?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back