The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

small 16g , no threads on top , to hard for nuts and bolts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsi4g63dohc

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 22, 2010
martinsburg, West_Virginia
yell if you must, i did search , i got a small evo 16g , well theres no threads for the manifold to turbo bolts to tighten on to , so i went to lowes and got some bolts and nuts but then its almost in possible for the nuts to tighten because there in akward places and the turbo isnt flat on the underside..... what do i do ? i have a pair of tubular headers i wanted to use but the holes are so tiny to get bolt threw ### then the top of it touches the tubes >....

while local's are reading does anyone have a 14/16g wastegate actuator for cheap ???

Attachments

• CIMG0032.jpg
    CIMG0032.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 70
  • CIMG0031.jpg
    CIMG0031.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 65
it looks to me as if the holes have been drilled out you can either try to tap it to a bigger size or maybe a helicoil kit will work.

well i ended up drilling the header holes in angles to drop bolts threw there and nutted the turbo while everything was off the car

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back