The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Sluggish feel, not acting as it should.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95fwdtsi18psi

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 6, 2009
West Laffayette, Indiana
I have had this car since December 2008 and have done quite a bit to it. But after the last month or so I have been noticing just a sluggish feel. It has bad throttle response, occasional muffle when at idle. very small idle surge. When I go WOT it takes a second to actually even begin moving, and it jerks like a mad cow. It just doesn't even feel like the old car it was. I keep general maintenance up, oil changes, timing belt, drive belts, tranny fluid, new gaskets on alot of things. I don't really know what could be causing such low performance. It's still my favorite machine to work on out off all three of my vehicles. But this has me stumped. Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Have you done a boost leak test? Sounds like you could have some leaks.

Nope, my tester is at my cousins house. I'll get it back Tuesday when I see him. But I have never heard of a BL causing so much trouble. I know I have a small leak somewhere because of the high pitched whistle I get under boost. But WOT throttle response caused by a boost leak? Do you guys think a compression test would be a good idea, we did one in February when we did the last BLT. Thanks.

sounds like you've got a boost leak. get your tester back and check it. and to answer your question about wot. yes a boost leak will cause the slow response! hesitation, and even your idle issues.

Even a small boost leak in these cars can really throw them off at idle, wot, and every stage in between.

I think the leak is a SMIC connection. But I will have to RTV the leak until I can get my hard pipes. I never would have thought it would cause idle surge? Or even WOT response? I guess I see how that is possible though. Thanks! I will repost when I get my tester back. :hellyeah:

So I fixed all the boost leaks that showed up and I can't find a single one now. It defiantly idles better and the WOT throttle response is somewhat better. But it's still acting quite sluggish and it still jerks a little like fuel is being unloaded into the system in large quantities. I'm thinking maybe I have some clogged injectors, or something along the line in the fuel system.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back