The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Slow power windows?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2GEEZEY

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 6, 2009
Elgin, Illinois
I searched and cant find any answers for a 2g, only 1g.

My problem is my windows go up slow and down slow.

I have power windows and im wondering what I can do to make them fast like how they used to be.

HELP!

usually this is a sign that the motors are getting weak.
you could also have some binding issues if the regulators have moved some.

Get some silicone spray and spray down the window tracks real good and see if that helps. The motors are probably just getting weak from old age.

Where can i get some new motors? are they hard to replace?

and will wd40 work? LOL

No, WD-40 is not a lubricant. Silicone will work, but it's really more of a light grade lubricant. I recommend white lithium grease; you can buy it in an aerosol can.

I have a similar problem, but once i drive the car and get it warmed up the windows work fine and its just the pass side. I figure its from the winter. Otherwise i would lubricate everything and if that doesn't fix it get new motors. They shouldn't be hard to replace.

1.Open up the doors by undoing all screws.
2.pop open doors, just pull on it evenly and the locks should come out.
3.take off the plastic on the door and go into the little hole there is
4.use white lithium on the horizontal and verticle slide( the rear one, the one in the front is more or less just a guide, so you don't really have to grease that )
5.activate the power windows up and down several times to smudge the white lithium around.
6.?????
7.profit?

I know this will work cause I did it on mine and it works like a charm.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back