The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

slipping clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theprojectDSM

Probationary Member
Sep 9, 2007
Tucson, Arizona
i got a new stock clucth for my first gen laser, and its slippen already...i had it for a week...theres no turbo nothing special on the car yet to cause it to slipp....if someone can help me figgure out this problem, thanks...
O yea it slipps in second, third, and forth, unless i very easy on the gas peddle.
and i do not ride the clutch,
and i have not hotroded the car yet sense ive gotton the clutch..

when i got the clutch ive been driveing like an old person and goin the speedlimit and so forth...

LOL true...but im serious... i dont power shift...i dont know what i can do without spending money again...

Yea, not very hard at all. I would take the clutch out first, and take it back to where ever you got it from and get your money back for it, or just have them swap it for another one. Then, once you have the new one, just pop it in, and be on your way. I think they just gave you a bad clutch is all.

I am thinking bad clutch, or you got it oily somehow, or your driving habits are too harsh for the clutch.

Well what ended up happening? I've dumped tons of money into my car in brakes/rims/repairs etc in the last two months and now have this exact same problem. I'm thinking or hoping it's my clutch since I've never had it done but don't want to spend money on getting a new one if that's not the problem. Does anything else like spun bearings etc cause you to accelerate and not grip? Mine is really bad after taking it to the stereo shop today and getting speakers installed. I think the stereo shop might of tried a burn out or engaged the clutch wrong because after I got it back from them it's really bad! The clutch was kinda like that before so I didn't mention anything to the shop. Anyways, hope someone has closure on this guys issue. My cars also been making some strange sounds occasionally on top of everything else! It's getting me worried after all the money I've spent. :mad:

A new clutch isn't going to slip like that if he's beating on it. He may have oil on the clutch? It could be impoperly resurfaced flywheel? Clutch not fully releasing? Bad hydraulic system?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back