The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Slim Fan install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rayrayx11

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 8, 2008
riverside, Rhode_Island
i just got my two 10inch mishimoto slim fans in. the come with the shroud so its an easy bolt on. but im stuck on the wiring.

i have an extra set of rad and a/c fans so i want to cut the harness off them and splice them onto the ends of the slim fan wiring. (so i can just use the oem plugs) and i want to have the a/c fan come on when the rad fan comes on. my a/c is frozen and has no belt right now but maybe in the future i might fix it. this shouldnt hurt though right?

Attachments

• slimfan.jpg
    slimfan.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 3,812
  • slimfan wiring.jpg
    slimfan wiring.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 3,133
So this thread is confusing to me i have my fans set up to where both of them come on the same time took both sets of wires from both fans and twist and connect them together and connected them all to the oem driverside oem plug connector and works both come on no problem but just ran into a huge problem hoping someone will help me out ASAP i used the hook up pieces that came with slim electric fans and did it as directed and now im leaking massive coolant through the radiator im assuming by putting those black plastic pieces through the radiator itself fml it was working fine no problems now all of a sudden it happen last night i can post of pics on how it looks (if needed)

2g non turbo

I'm having a problem with the mishimoto fan shroud they said it should just plug in that I did not have to wire anything but it keeps blowing the fuse for AC and RAD can any one help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 117
Does it blown as soon as u connect then or after they are running for a while?[/QUOT
Does it blown as soon as u connect then or after they are running for a while?
its not in the car any more I got pissed and took it out cuz the told me it was plug and go then my car starts over heating at a light and I'm in FL so it hot but today I wander to try to get it to work and I had my car warmed up stock fan unplugged the stock fan plunged the shroud in and the fan spun for 1sec then fuse blow turned on the AC fan fuse blow my stock fans run fine

I'm having a problem with the mishimoto fan shroud they said it should just plug in that I did not have to wire anything but it keeps blowing the fuse for AC and RAD can any one help

Hey TShink98GST,

Thank you for the post.

We apologize if you are having issues with the fans. If you contact us directly, we have a department that can help you with troubleshooting. The product is backed by a lifetime warranty. so If we determine that the fan is defective, we can look into getting you a replacement. If you wish to contact us our email is [email protected].

Best Regards,
Mishimoto

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back