The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

slightly modded 1g vs. new infiniti G35

which car in the 1/4

• talon

Votes: 33 63.5%
  • G35

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • too close to call

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • dont know

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91tedralon

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2003
CaliforniaUS
my friend has a new infiniti g35, bone stock. and i have a 91 talon tsi awd. (check my profile for mods). but we are gonna to the drag strip in the near future, and i was wondering who do you think would win? im thinking i would smoke him, but i dont know. any ideas?

i can drive. i will be running probably around 12-13 psi.

I have taken a few. Not that impressive. However I did get my ass handed to me royally by jic/procharger's blown 350z. laid down 434 whp at 8psi.

its a g35 sedan. ill crank it up to 15psi to ensure victory. my friend who owns it says that it will run a 14.9 in the 1/4. hearing that gives me more confidence. we will see in a few short weeks.

you should win. I like those G35's but they aren't that impressive. They still have the same VQ35DE as the Altima, Maxima, and 350Z.

You should be able to take him, but one advantage that you have is that you can take out most of your extra weight (something he probably wouldn't dare do). Remember the formula....."k&n, exhaust, boost, low weight, that's it"

-----
James

I just took one of these yesterday in one of the very few times I mess with someone on the street. Guy rolled up next to me and asked if I was fast (stupid country club yuppie), I told him to take off and find out, by the time I was done with second gear I was ready to shut it down. I was very disappointed because I don't have a lot of mods on my car and I still embarassed him. He tried for two more lights to beat me and I consistently pulled away from him. It's making me reconsider one of these for when people have to call me doctor.

Ive never seen one of these, stupid poor redknecks. :(

BUT, I did try to rev on a combine the other day, but he just opened his window flap and screamed down at me

"Arent you the stockwells kid! Idiot if you dont knock it off ill run that damn thing over"

It was pretty fun, guess you had to be there ^_^

you'll walk all over a sedan, I had a fun pull with a coupe before i got hit.
my mods were exhuast, straight pipe, kn, ic piping, 16psi, and I pulled even with him from 40mph until about 100mph, then we shut it down.
he looked over like WTF :confused:

Driving my Dad's G35 was a joke. Sooooo slow. But then again I have a 50trim @ 25psi on pump ; ) 14b @ 15psi oughta take care of a G35.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back