The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Slight throttle hesitation from dead stop

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlanZero

Proven Member
Aug 13, 2013
Easton, Pennsylvania
Hey guys, I'm probably just over thinking this, so maybe you can reassure me.

On my 96 FWD (see profile) I noticed a half second hesitation when I step on the gas from a dead stop. The car has been garaged all winter but I took her out the other day to wash her and I noticed it was significantly worse than before.

I put the current motor/turbo setup in about a year ago, and she always hopped a little before but now it almost feels like slack in the throttle cable, though there is none. I checked the tps with the multimeter and it's still calibrated properly, but I have a box full of them if I needed to swap. I have a 1g TB (intake bored to match), non cruise cable, emissions delete.
I was just looking for some input before I start screwing with her because it's cold as hell out and no heat in the garage.

maybe check the spark plugs and see what the status of them are, perhaps they have a little too much carbon on them or maybe a small boost leak causing a lag in response

I rebuilt the TB before I put it on, that thing is still squeaky clean.

I'll check the plugs when I can, but they only have about 1500 miles on them and absolutely no boost leaks, car does not run rich either.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back