The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Slave clutch line

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceezdsm99

Proven Member
Mar 11, 2022
California
So I have a clutch fluid leak by the slave , the mechanic that’s helping me fix it says theres a leak on the actual line itself .. I have the space but now I need this hardline . Mitsubishi doesn’t have this part anymore . Looked online and all I could find were steel braided lines that were longer than the 22inches this hard line is . Where can I find this hard line or a replacement line for this fitting ? And what size is it for both ends

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You have 2 options

1) easiest is to just buy the SS line and replace.
2) Buy 3/16 hard line and replace
Line:
Fittings
flaring tool:
tube bending tool:

I've never owned a 2g but I'm pretty they use the same size line and fittings as the 1gs. I just redid mine last week.

You have 2 options

1) easiest is to just buy the SS line and replace.
2) Buy 3/16 hard line and replace
Line:
Fittings
flaring tool:
tube bending tool:

I've never owned a 2g but I'm pretty they use the same size line and fittings as the 1gs. I just redid mine last week.
I see , I actually found a braided line online .Would this work?

So I have a clutch fluid leak by the slave , the mechanic that’s helping me fix it says theres a leak on the actual line itself .. I have the space but now I need this hardline . Mitsubishi doesn’t have this part anymore . Looked online and all I could find were steel braided lines that were longer than the 22inches this hard line is . Where can I find this hard line or a replacement line for this fitting ? And what size is it for both ends

You already have a braided line going to the accumulator. That isn't a stock line. Is there enough slack to just run that all the way to the slave? Just eliminate the accumulator.

You already have a braided line going to the accumulator. That isn't a stock line. Is there enough slack to just run that all the way to the slave? Just eliminate the accumulator.
No one ever told me that 🤦🏽‍♂️ I didn’t know that was an accumulator, I don’t even know what it is Or that I didn’t need it ? I can run that line directly to the slave ?? What’s the accumulator for ? And what if I don’t want to delete that . Haven’t been able to drive for weeks now

No one ever told me that 🤦🏽‍♂️ I didn’t know that was an accumulator, I don’t even know what it is Or that I didn’t need it ? I can run that line directly to the slave ?? What’s the accumulator for ? And what if I don’t want to delete that . Haven’t been able to drive for weeks now
You cant just bypass it without buying the full line like I posted on your other thread. The accumulator is the funny looking resevior thingy on the front of the transmission above the fill plug

The point of my post was that it looks like you already have a braided line that may already extend to the slave but for some reason whoever installed it kept the accumulator.

The point of my post was that it looks like you already have a braided line that may already extend to the slave but for some reason whoever installed it kept the accumulator.
Yeah i Understand you and yes that line could reach to the slave. Will this cause any issues to my tranny or anything like that . I’m one of those dumbasses daily driving a dsm 😂 should I use that same line or just use the new one

Thanks a lot bro , you got an IG?

So I can just delete this and unbolt it off

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back