The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Single digit Auto 1g street/strip build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nothing good to report, just been driving it around and fixing small bugs. Hopefully throw in some E85 and crank up the boost this weekend. Track the following weekend?

27265739332_6a905f3490_c.jpg

26755954794_0fb7646fb5_c.jpg

Finished up the rest of the wiring for the brakes and 2 step etc. The air compressor holds the car no problem on the converter with shitty old brakes. I have brakeman #93's on the way to be safe.

27545928022_1c64fa7a58_c.jpg

Just read the entire thread. Awesome build man! the car looks great! Looking forward to updates. Tell me more about that sinister converter. Are you happy with it? What does it stall to? Cruising trans temps? I'm running damn near the same setup aside from the built motor and I'm really considering buying one. My IPT restall is not cutting it. Trying to avoid nitrous.

Just read the entire thread. Awesome build man! the car looks great! Looking forward to updates. Tell me more about that sinister converter. Are you happy with it? What does it stall to? Cruising trans temps? I'm running damn near the same setup aside from the built motor and I'm really considering buying one. My IPT restall is not cutting it. Trying to avoid nitrous.

Thank you. I like the converter a lot. It drives similar to the stock one on the street which is nice. Flashes to 3300, then once it gets over the hump, it'll go pretty high, aiming for 4500. Cruising temps are around 160* pre cooler.

This build is major inspiration for me to finish my 91 AWD Auto. your car is beast Sir, be very proud of what you have accomplished!
Thanks! I'm glad it inspired people.

Went to the track Saturday for the first time with the car in hopes to get some good data and maybe a nice time. It was 92* and felt way hotter.

We haven't been able to get the car over the hump on the converter when stalling it up until when we got the track. After playing with it, we got it over the hump and up to 4k RPM/15psi ish. Unfortunately it takes 8-10 seconds to get there. I also played with the cam gears as well. Turns out the ARC 2 box failed as it was stuck at 4500 no matter where I had the adjustment knobs at :idontknow:

Anyways I went to make a full pass and went 10.2@131. I didn't realize it but I was shifting at 7300 into 2nd and 3rd, dropping into 6900 where timing was pretty low. Trans temps were dangerously scary by the end of the pass from sitting at the line for so long (take note of the reaction time on the slip). Looks like it was slipping in third gear (between the light weight low-visc fluid I tried for stall speed and insane trans temps there's no surprise there). IAT's started around 100* and finished at 135* OMG

Plans are now to spray the car to get on the converter fast and hygard trans fluid. I have to source a good working ARC-2 and make a few other changes as well before going back next time.

Overall I am happy with a 10.2 for its first ever pass down the 1320 considering all factors and the mistakes on my end.

27691906092_6c08bb55a1_z.jpg

27691901112_5ccbb9d228_b.jpg

27691899342_ab7241948f_c.jpg

Thats awesome considering the issues you were having. I'm curious to see how you are going to set up your nitrous. I'm in the process of doing the same thing. Wet or dry? what size shot? Also, is your oil catch can a custom one off piece or are they for sale some where? Im in need of one.

It's making some power for sure, that 60ft isn't too shabby either. Very nice job!

Great run .
Thanks guys!

Thats awesome considering the issues you were having. I'm curious to see how you are going to set up your nitrous. I'm in the process of doing the same thing. Wet or dry? what size shot? Also, is your oil catch can a custom one off piece or are they for sale some where? Im in need of one.
I am going to run it wet, most likely a 50 shot unless its happy with a 35 shot.

Catch can was made by a guy off the ecmlink forums (turbotsi95). His name is ryan white I believe.

Not many updates really aside from just enjoying the car on the street. I fixed a trans fluid leak that was coming from the front pump seal/bushing. Replaced the bushing and seal. (The bushing was kind of a PITA).

Nitrous goes on the car this weekend.

27492874594_28ebf9db8b_c.jpg

28107308225_e9140d2067_c.jpg

28004741582_04e97ac969_c.jpg

Hello 9's! Does ECMlink offer good dryshot nitrous control on when it comes on and off as well as adding fuel or do you have to put it on a push button switch and tune your main fuel map rich to compensate for where you want to spray?

Hello 9's! Does ECMlink offer good dryshot nitrous control on when it comes on and off as well as adding fuel or do you have to put it on a push button switch and tune your main fuel map rich to compensate for where you want to spray?

You should be able to use the alt map option which would point to the min oct fuel map for when the dry shot sprays. I am doing a wet shot which ecmlink will turn on/off.

I'm using AEM EMS to control my dryshot and add fuel. Didn't realize you were using a wetshot.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back