The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Simple wideband question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GST Kidd

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 26, 2009
Pearlington, Mississippi
Wondering if I can just unhook the 2nd sensor and screw in the wideband with no ill effects?

That is what I did on mine and I don't have any problems. Sometime in the summer I will weld the bung on there though.

What did you do with the second sensor just leave it ziptied under the car?

Everyone has a different opinion on this topic. Yes you can take the rear o2 out, leave it plugged in though and just zip tie it up. Most of the wideband companies give you distance amount from the turbo to where you should weld in the bung. The closer the quicker response and more accurate it will read.

Try a spark plug fouler. I see a lot of guys on other car forums do that and not throw the cel

most say 36" away from the turbo is where the bung for the wideband should be located. I am putting mine just before the flex section on my downpipe. Then using the rear o2 pinout on the ecu to log with.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back