The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Simple SAFC question....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4BangerV8Killer

Banned Member
Aug 25, 2004
San Martin, California
When tuning with the safc.....the more i go into the negative in percent, the richer or leaner im making it?

Right now i was under the impression that when i go further negative im adding fuel and pulling timing. Right or wrong?

So when i see knock i go down in percent/more negative.

Or do i have this backwards?

I know this has been beaten to death. Anyway AFC affects the air the ECU sees. Less air (negative number) the ecu will send less fuel the higher the number (the more air) or as you get closer to zero and above the more fuel the computer will send. Hope this helps

so if i wanted to get rid of some knock id be going up in values riiiggghhhtttt??

and more fuel means less timing right?

Moving the SAFC in the negative direction drops the frequency delivered by the MAS before it reaches the ECU. This results in a lower airflow value, which corresponds to a reduction in fuel delivery and an increase in timing. The opposite is true when moving in the positive direction.

So, move further negative and you remove fuel, more positive and you are adding fuel.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back