The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Silver Vein Valve cover (powdercoat)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vlaar

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 9, 2002
Gainesville_FL
I will most likely be getting a valve cover powdercoated silver vein. The place that will do it is Bonehead performance. They charge 45 for the valve cover, which they provide, 50 for the powdercoating, and 20 dollars for polished letters. Just curious to know if this is about the average price, etc? The reason I'm leaning towards them is because I'd hate to buy a valve cover from a random person and have it cracked. This way, I know that B.performance won't powdercoat a cracked valve cover that they provide.

Cool. I just can't seem to find a lot of places that do silver vein. Silver vein is the exact same color scheme that John Shepherd has on his slow car :laugh:

Im known by now to resurrect the Dino-threads, but I just got a new valve cover from Bonehead performance. Aside from the BEAUTIFUL powder coating job, it seems as if they "OMITTED" the masking off the holes or vents and now theres sand inside the valve cover :mad: For $90 that thing needs to be perfectly FLAWLESS when somebody receives one. I've washed it out with water, compressed air, garden hose nozzles, and still cant get all the sand out. :notgood: That stuff cant go through the oil pump and the valve train. How can I get the rest of the sand out? :(

You should be able to just blow it out with an air hose/flush is out. Id keep doing that until its clean enough.

Did you say anything to bonehead? they usually are pretty good about their work...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back