The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Sidemount intercooler upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChristianEclipseAuto

5+ Year Contributor
Apr 6, 2018
Roskilde, Europe
Hi everyone

Is there any chance that there is an upgrade sidemount intercooler (direkt bolt on) ? Or any advice / other buys there Can be used as an alternative.

or Can anyone tell me How much the Stock intercooler Can take ?

i am running Stock t25 and are installing a 16g Here in the summer.
My trans is a automatic

looking forward to hear from you guys

, Christian

Hi everyone

Is there any chance that there is an upgrade sidemount intercooler (direkt bolt on) ? Or any advice / other buys there Can be used as an alternative.

or Can anyone tell me How much the Stock intercooler Can take ?

i am running Stock t25 and are installing a 16g Here in the summer.
My trans is a automatic

looking forward to hear from you guys

, Christian

Hahn and Dejon made upgraded side mounts, but they are hard to come by. I've read threads that as Supra side mount can work with a little modification.

There is an ongoing group buy from Raven Fab, link below.

https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/who-wants-a-big-smic-gauging-interest.531296/

A different approach to a similar end can be adding a simple water mister to spray onto your stock intercooler. Chrysler offered something like this on the SRT4 as one of their “turbo toys”. You could easily fashion one from parts used for windshield washers. Getting good spray over the entire heat exchange surface is key. Using distilled water will keep minerals from forming on the aluminum. The amount of heat extraction that can be had from evaporating water (known as latent heat) is very high compared with just more area for passing ambient air. Not sure why more folks don’t try this. A lot less effort than all the piping changes needed to fit a new IC. I suggest an electric temp sensor in the IC outlet air and a manual switch to spray the water as a starting point. You could get more sophisticated with automated spray to suite your use if you prefer.

I had a super sidemount from a supra I was gonna use and never got around to it.
It was a Trust sidemount for the supra that thing was thick as hell let me see if I can post pics.
Still has to be modified and re welded but when I mocked it up against factory it fit really well.

Attachments

• 20190115_170959.jpg
    20190115_170959.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 20190115_171038.jpg
    20190115_171038.jpg
    665.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20190220_211217.jpg
    20190220_211217.jpg
    633.1 KB · Views: 29
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back