The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Side skirt 3M adhesive

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdmfairladyz

Probationary Member
May 3, 2014
elgin, Illinois
1997 eclipse gsx

Hey guys my side skirt is falling off I hear 3 M makes some good things for this. What exactly is the product called
Thanks

Are you talking about the lower air dam under the door? Factory manual shows it's held on with plastic fasteners (grommets and clips) and sealed with 3M adhesive tape (3M ATD Part No. 6382: 4mm wide, 1.5mm thick), and 3M adhesive (3M ATD Part No. 8608 Super Fast Urethane Primer). Here's a picture of it (#6,7,8): http://www.oemmitsubishiparts.com/p...icleid=97366&diagram=6226455&diagramCallOut=6. I had mine off once and it looks just like this.

Yes all the time when you need real factory parts. It's a real Mitsubishi dealer that sells real Mitsubishi parts (and for less $ than my local Mitsu dealer). JNZ also sells real Mitsu factory parts.

How's the shipping ? The website seems pretty easy to navigate through.
Shipping is 5-7 days standard rates. The only complaint I have is they won't tell you at the time you order that they don't carry the part anymore (even though it's listed as available). They ship the rest of the order 3-5 days later without the part and THEN send you an email stating that part is no longer available but the rest of the order was shipped. When you need all the parts that gets pretty irritating. On the plus side, they do have most parts that you can never find at any other source (eg. internal engine/tranny parts or that year/model only stuff) and everything is real factory parts.
Here's another online oem real Mitsubishi factory parts supplier: https://www.mitsubishiparts.com/oe_parts_catalog.html. I think they must all get the parts from the same warehouse as I've had the same complaint with all of them (even JNZ).

Last edited:
Are you talking about the lower air dam under the door? Factory manual shows it's held on with plastic fasteners (grommets and clips) and sealed with 3M adhesive tape (3M ATD Part No. 6382: 4mm wide, 1.5mm thick), and 3M adhesive (3M ATD Part No. 8608 Super Fast Urethane Primer). Here's a picture of it (#6,7,8): http://www.oemmitsubishiparts.com/p...icleid=97366&diagram=6226455&diagramCallOut=6. I had mine off once and it looks just like this.
It seems like these are not available anymore. Is there a replacement part number you can suggest? TY

For fasteners try:

For fasteners try:
My apologise. I've actually ordered the fasteners already. I need the tape & primer. It doesn't help that I'm in Canada and shipping stuff up here is a PITA. Looking for alternative part numbers for the tape and primer. Tnx

I tried many ways (velcro, magnets, 3m) to figure out my side skirt is pulling away from the body, only way i found out was using automotive goop and clamping a 1/8 peice of wood with clamps

other alternative was to screw in a body screw and fill with primer. etc

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back