The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Sick Dsm how do you fit rims like this on your 2ga or 2gb eclipse??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norcalgsx707

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 28, 2012
lake county, California
Plasti dipped blue I think this car looks tight and i'm thiking about plasti dipping my 2g how do you get rims like these to fit right anyone know what you would need?

Attachments

• f1f6f05686ab11e2aa5e22000a1f96ec_7.jpg
    f1f6f05686ab11e2aa5e22000a1f96ec_7.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 5,381
You would need those rims...:p

No but seriously LOL try to find out what rims they are and spec's then you can calculate the space of fitting them on your car if spacer or what not is required. On a side not I hate plasti dip.

Care to share why u hate plasti-dip? and doesn't the rear fender look rolled

Im going to get some msr rims tommorow but these look clean there making me rethink the ones im getting which are 18 x 8 and 38 offset, I want the stretched tire look tho like the car I posted has

Last edited:
I think it's the way the light is hitting that light color paint that really accents the fenders. Why I don't like plasti dip is because I prefer nice glossy paint not mattey type cheap spray paint look on cars. You will have to see plasti dipped car in person to understand what I mean. But anyways the fenders look stock to me just nice and lowered over the wheels. But ya the car looks decent I sapose. What color msr rims are you looking at for your car? Those rims on the blue eclipse look like TSW those are the closest brand I can think of. Another side note I know people bash in the inder fender to fit some rims on there car, I have seen a few friends do that to there 2g's.

I'm using plati dip to keep the car one color, but only till i get the body straight and get it painted the right way. I personally think that plasti dip looks good on some things like rims or accent body pieces etc but not the whole car, I think the cheap $300 paint jobs look better.

Best way to get that fitment is ask, its hard to tell the exact specs off a picture.

Yeah the rims I plane on getting are black with the red strip like these only difference is the stripe, I only like plasti dip because it's cheap LOL, they have a pearl now I hear theres a pic of a dsm on here thats white it looks pretty good for plasti dip as does this one Im not into the matte black I think it looks like pure ass and so do most other colors this one though I think its unique, heres a pic of the rims wish I had the funds to paint my ride black like this but I don't LOL too much money has gone to the stage 1 upgrade LOL New Wheels On The DSM - 18x8 MSR 045's - 502StreetScene

pic of the white plasti dip
Photo Shoot - DSMtuners Gallery

I'm using plati dip to keep the car one color, but only till i get the body straight and get it painted the right way. I personally think that plasti dip looks good on some things like rims or accent body pieces etc but not the whole car, I think the cheap $300 paint jobs look better.

Best way to get that fitment is ask, its hard to tell the exact specs off a picture.

I found that car on instagram it didn't say what size the rims were I like the 18 x 9.5 look but ive heard of some 18 x 10's too i was wondering if I could put spacers on it like 5mm or something to give it a more aggresive look?

If your going to get wide wheels please use the correct tire size not some stretched tires, honestly that car looks like shit.

I guess you can't read , I just posted the sizes before you commented smart guy, some people on here smh, here i'll spell it out again 18 x 9.5 40 offset or 38 offset this is a newbie section no reason to come in here and hack on new people because you got more experience,

Last edited:
First off I can read, secondly you can't. You POSTED wheel sizes not tires such as 225/45, 255/35 ect. Right, says the guy that wants to run stretched tires on pasti dip wheels.

I have the owner as friend on facebook i could link him to you.

OP i think what Tin Tin was trying to get at is that this isnt the JDM game. this isnt the slammed game. this is AWD. this is about speed and grip. its about boost and launch control. its about that feeling you get with you romp on the car and she puts you in the back of your seat.

a dsm is no place for a strech on rims. too many poeple come in and throw subs and plastidip and call it done. or just simply dont put the right money in the car. do what you will with your car, but were just trying to help you out

First off I can read, secondly you can't. You POSTED wheel sizes not tires such as 225/45, 255/35 ect. Right, says the guy that wants to run stretched tires on pasti dip wheels.

Its called plasti dipped not pasti dipped, who said anything about 225/45 tires tuff guy, alls I said was I like the stretched tire look, please just leave the thread,and go be negative somewere else,and who puts a DSM/Eclipse with a Honda in there profile picture j.s(just saying) now that looks like ass, in case you don't understand.

I have the owner as friend on facebook i could link him to you.

that would be cool thanks I appreciate that.

Last edited:
The title drew me in, and I stay for the lulz

The rims however do look... nice

ok since this thread is only on the rims themselves . i must say they look GOOD:thumb: !. my question is do those rims require longer STUDS ? i ask because i know with certain rims that are extra lipped, the OEM STUDS will not hold.

I am Mostly curious because for a long time now i have considered getting a pair just like that:nono: " NOT OFFSET" :nono:because i have a AWD.

if any one knows ? :hmm:

I am Mostly curious because for a long time now i have considered getting a pair just like that:nono: " NOT OFFSET" :nono:because i have a AWD.

if any one knows ? :hmm:

Any offset wont hurt the fact that youre AWD, its having a staggered setup (17s in front 18s in rear) type of deal that will destroy your drivetrain. It WILL however, take a toll on your wheel bearings.

chaclark83: Thank You! The One person who for the most part answered the question rather than just trying to get one more post under their belt !

i wish i could rate your ability to use this "tool" for it's intended purpose!. But since im not sure. ill toss this your way :rocks::rocks::rocks::rocks::rocks::rocks::rocks::rocks::rocks::rocks::rocks::rocks::rocks::rocks::rocks::rocks::rocks::rocks::rocks::rocks::rocks::rocks:.....:rocks:
(Nicklepage1010 )
Quote:
Originally Posted by miliman13
I am Mostly curious because for a long time now i have considered getting a pair just like that " NOT OFFSET" because i have a AWD.

if any one knows ?
Any offset wont hurt the fact that youre AWD, its having a staggered setup (17s in front 18s in rear) type of deal that will destroy your drivetrain. It WILL however, take a toll on your wheel bearings.
Since you CONTRADICTED your self, I ask what was your point >?

IMO the car would look MUCH better with a nicer color, say black or white.

FYI, that front fender and rear fender look ROLLED. What you need to get your car to look like that?

Coilovers, those wheels or similar with that offset, wheel spacers, adjustable camber all around.

did you even read the links you posted ?
because i did.
And regardless of your argument . time x revolutions x base with . will leave you with very small numbers of indifference. and in the long wrong, it's those number that will prove that it in NOT in the best interest of guys with AWD cars;ESPECIALLY With a welded Center DIFF .

But that doesn't matter to you. Because you haven't cared to realized that "I DO NOT!! WANT TO USE STAGGERED ", LIKE I ALREADY SAID! , "STOP INSISTING".:banghead::banghead:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back