The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Shuttering and hesitation for first 3k RPM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProjekTsi

Probationary Member
Dec 16, 2002
Rockland_County_NY
Heres my Problem

When i start up my car it starts and idles fine. WHen i go to frive it from start to 3K rpm , the car feels like its going NO where and the boost Guage starts rising into boost Immedately. then the turbo somewhat spools but isnt great. I know i have a vacume leak. I changed ALL my hoses with the kit from Road Race and the problem still persists. Im out of ideas where my Vacume leak would be comming from. Could it be comming from the Intake manifold? When i get off the gas when im changing gears , the car feels like its going to stall unless i give it gas. I need to get this car up and running. I also did a turbo swap. 14b for a 14b. Could i have ####ed up the install?

Dave:cry: :barf:

you should show vacuum if you had a leak. My guess (I do say guess) would be you got some kind of ignition problem. I had this one time. Water got into the spark plug wells and shorted the sparks out. Is there any smoke coming out if the exhaust, if so what color?

I show Vacume . like 19 on my boost Guage. Their is no uncommin smoke comming out of my exhuast , just your normal whiteish/clear colored exhaust. Is thier any other vacume lines comming odd the turbo besides the the Wastegate actulator hose?

Dave

I think i ####ed up the turbo install

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back