The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Shrink a photo for me

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjgYFZ200

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 25, 2004
Albany, New_York
hey guys how do i do this. all of my photo's that i take a gigantic, thats just the way my camera takes them. how do i shrink them down to get to this site? i dont have photoshop...btw, i think it takes them in 1240-1280 pixles

it wont even let me post them here, the smallest i have is 100 pixles over the limit of 800 i think. im trying to get them down to use in my sig

Download IrfanView from wherever (google it, probably on download.com). Open the pic in there, then /Image/Resize Resample and change the res in there.

Probably be easier to open the pic in paint and goto Image > Stretch/Skew > then in the stretch box I usually put 25 in both Horizontal and Vertical. Experiment and see.

ok, i tried doing it in paint. it should show up after this i wanna see how it looks

haha ok nevemrind waaay to small

sjgYFZ200 said:
ok, i tried doing it in paint. it should show up after this i wanna see how it looks

haha ok nevemrind waaay to small

It shows up in paint, so just look at it and shrink it till it's right.

^^^
Agreed.

If you look in the menu Image --> Attributes it'll tell you exactly how many pixels high and wide the pic is. You can use this info to give the resize a proper adjustment.

For example, if the pic is 1600x1200 and you want your pic to be 800 pixels wide, select Image --> Stretch/Skew and change the Stretch values to 50% each. Your image should now be 800x600 and within the required pixel size.

For the best quality when resizing always stretch/shrink the pic in both directions equally. Also, it looks best when resizing by a power of 2 (50%, 200%), decent by a power of 4 (25%, 400%), and pretty much horrid otherwise (37%, 359%).

This is EXACTLY why I suggested IrfanView.. it'll take 2mins to download and it'll make it a breeze.. or hell, send the pic to me and I'll resize it for you. [email protected]

hey man i would, but my email doesnt work anymore :shhh:

but if i someone could IM me or something, i can send it to them and they could shrink them. thanks

DSMGST91
^screenname

iowaboostin said:
This is EXACTLY why I suggested IrfanView.. it'll take 2mins to download and it'll make it a breeze.. or hell, send the pic to me and I'll resize it for you. [email protected]

:rolleyes:
It's not brain surgery, I just thought I'd be specific and offer tips as opposed to your "download this" without any instructions. If the guy can't resize a pic in MSPaint how is he supposed to do it in a completely foreign program without direction?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Resizing a picture is sooo simple why download another program.

Herbal Essences said:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Resizing a picture is sooo simple why download another program.
Because Photoshop owns.

u guys are making me feel like an idiot...ill get it done im not that stupid ;) thanks for the help tho

sjgYFZ200 said:
u guys are making me feel like an idiot...ill get it done im not that stupid ;) thanks for the help tho

Just follow the steps I posted. Come on now, I even took screen shots for it. :p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back