The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Show me your gutted interiors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeadsUp Panda

Proven Member
Oct 27, 2015
Somerset, Kentucky
Wanting to see some gutted interiors that have been cleaned up! Also, if you have any specs on your personal weight savings by gutting, feel free to mention/discuss those ONLY if you provide a picture. Let's keep this on topic and clean fellas :)

There's a weight savings Excel sheet floating around that's ~10-15 years old. Give that a go for weights of individual pieces.
Pics? Picture your interior with nothing in it.

Maybe only real serious people gut their interiors. And the pieces are call "Interior Parts" on purpose. They look better inside, not outside.

Maybe you should say, "Or show me your nice interiors!"

Maybe only real serious people gut their interiors. And the pieces are call "Interior Parts" on purpose. They look better inside, not outside.

Maybe you should say, "Or show me your nice interiors!"
Nope, not looking for "clean interior" shots. I'm in the middle of gutting mine and just wanted to see some others that have been cleaned up after the fact. Maybe my title should have been more clear like "show me your dedicated drag car interiors". But please, if you don't have a picture to share then let's keep it clean in here.

You didn't specify drivetrain :p

This is my Eagle Talon Superleggera.

Weighed in at 2,640 lbs. with maybe two to three gallons of gas. Minus myself (170 lbs.) the car is right around 2,500 lbs.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• 20151030_135003.jpg
    20151030_135003.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 301
  • 20151030_135033.jpg
    20151030_135033.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
im in the processes of this but i don't want mine to look gutted so i will be keeping the front half of the trim because that's what i see when i drive and the rear can be striped also the heater core and evap case will be gone along with that heavy rubber/insulation behind the dash i will get some pics in the morning

Last edited:
You didn't specify drivetrain :p

This is my Eagle Talon Superleggera.

Weighed in at 2,640 lbs. with maybe two to three gallons of gas. Minus myself (170 lbs.) the car is right around 2,500 lbs.

I was under the impression that mounting your harness like this was not recommended at all, as in a crash it could compress your spine?

I was under the impression that mounting your harness like this was not recommended at all, as in a crash it could compress your spine?

When I put them in, I referenced pictures like this.

I tow the car to/from the races and rallycross never gets faster than 40mph. But if there's a safer alternative, I'm all ears.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-31-14-50-40.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-31-14-50-40.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 136
Hmm, never seen those and I have read in nomours places those weren't acceptable points. The "correct" way that I was tracking was to install a bar just below the cutous for the belts behinde the seat and have the belts drape over the bar and then down to the rear of the floor. This way in a impact theres no way the belts can compress your spine. Now maybe i'm wrong and what you have there is acceptable, I'm just letting you know that from what I was tracking that it was still considered dangerous to those in the seats.

If i'm wrong someone please correct me.

dash is back in i want to lose as much weight as possible with out the whole gutted look

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back