The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Show me painted interiors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urban_S

15+ Year Contributor
May 4, 2004
Kalispell, Montana
I am wanting to paint my interior. I am thinking white. Could you guys show me some nice ones?

Check my gallery. I have pretty much everything in my interior painted or dyed.

well thing is that was my old dsm.. my baby... which is now lost to the world.. anyways.. i made those.. used some stencils i made and just painted over the light... used about 3 coats of black and 2 of clear coat... the kanji means stop and right and left.. LOL..

I had mine dyed to match.
6051interior3small.jpg

check my profile...

i dont have any stock colors in there all the yellow paint it the same yellow with pink pearl as the outside of the car...the white gets dirty easy but it holds up...my dash is not painted though its rewrapped in vinyl...same with doors...

i havent gotten any yellowing on the white but it gets dirty the point that it needs to get redone...thats why i have 2 interiors...LOL...

it you wanna do white make sure that you do it right primer and clear coat or saler...and be prepared to CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN...

I was just wondering why red is such a dominant color for painting the interior?

I dont know, but since my car is red i wanted the interior to match as well. It wouldn't make any sense if i was to paint my interior blue, green, yellow, or any other color.

AdoreGSX said:
how well do painted interiors hold up?

I don't know about other people's, but mine has been awesome. All I used was Krylon Sky blue or something, and only clearcoated some pieces. Both non-clearcoated and clearcoated pieces look great after 3 months. No problems other than one mistake I made moving the pieces before they were dry :( I have gotten lots of comments on it, people can't believe it's spray paint. Portillos drive through guy was like "woa, how did you get it like that?" "Spray paint" "what? no way!" I love my DSM! :dsm: :laser: :talon: Oh BTW check out my cardomain site to see my interior.

went with a simple black and silver theme on mine.

pics in gallery

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back