The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Should it cost this much? (ball joints and tie rods)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlckTalon

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 7, 2003
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
So, about 3 weeks ago, my car started squeeling like crazy everytime i turned my steering wheel. So I took it in to get looked at, and to get a quote. I come back, and they tell me that my upper ball joints are bad, my lower ball joints are bad, and my tie rods are bad. I'm pretty sure they said the tie rods and the lower ball joints were going to be 40 a piece so about 160 for that. And for the upper ball joints, 250 a piece. Well all in all, they tell me for the parts, labor, and alignment, it will cost me 870 dollars. WTF??? I'm 17 and have a low paying job. I hate my car. Is it easy to fix these things myslef?

There is a recall on the lower ball joints. Take it to your local mitsu "dealer" (I use the term lightly) and have them do it. It will save you a little money, at least.

Thats another problem, I got the car about 2 years ago, and I took it in right away to get the ball joints fixed. Well, it turns out they already did that. And there bad again. I have such great luck.

Tell them they should have fixed it right the first time and force them to repair it. Good luck :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back