The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Should I put a top and new tires or just sell the car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outdorsman

Proven Member
Oct 17, 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
Well currently my rear quarter window roller gave out so it doesn't roll up, and my top is completely destroyed but the headliner is still good. The bars connecting the second bow are missing so its just hanging but easily fixed with those repair kits, one big bar in the back is broken but the top still goes up without it. My question is, should I put a new top and tires or just sell the car as is? My tires have little to no tread, they are literally bald. I want to sell my car but I don't know if its worth investing the money for the top and tires or just to sell it as is. If I sell it as is I'm hoping to get 2800-3k for it. it has 159k miles. Back when I purchased it I got it for like 3400. So i'm taking a loss but thats expected. Its kbb is around 4100 in excellent condition but I gotta say my car is in mediocre condition at best. I figure I would go the cheapest route for tires. As far as top goes, it must be glass because I hear people complain about plastic.

I can honestly say I want the car gone because its been nothing but a let down for me. I just want to be able to get the most out of a sale.

Well to be completely honest, I never bothered replacing my top because I live in vegas, we get endless heat haha. It rarely rains but I just want to do whatever increases the price of my car profit wise. I want to buy a car from a dealership now because of my bad experiences with used craigslist cars. Don't tell me it occurs only once, it happened twice in a row... Hopefully picking up a muscle car since I've been fond of those for awhile.

I saw your car by the way, beautiful color. My bumpers are faded so it looks like shit haha.

I gotta say tho, the only real good thing about my car is that its completely stock besides the 14b turbo that was installed previously, other than that it hasn't been touched as far as mods go.

damn i'm torn on what to do, i found a cheap top that I can put on myself for 350. I'm contemplating selling it but I kind of still want to keep it. I've gone through 3 cars in the past 6 months because I keep getting bored of them. I want a muscle car but I'm not sure if I will be fulfilled. If I were to sell it, i'm unsure what to buy haha.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back