The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Should I buy 98 talon tsi for 4k

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsmkauai

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 20, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
So I found a 98 talon Tsi on our island which is super rare. I was wishing it was awd but hey it's still a dsm. Anyway the car has 60,000 original miles and is super clean inside. The body is flawless and has like to small dings, and faded paint. This is the catch there is no motor as it sits. He has all the parts to build the motor, with tons of aftermarket parts. So I would have some work ahead of me if I get it. I went and looked at the car and all the parts so I know it's all there. He said I can have everything he has for the car for 4k. That's a ton of aftermarket stuff two 2g heads one which was done by headgamez. So my ? Is to you guys and gals do you think it's worth it? I think I would actually build the motor with all his parts for my eclipse. I don't know I just love my eclipse to much to keep the talon as my dd. Let me know if you have any thoughts. Possibly want to buy and just part it all out and sell the shell. Keeping anything really worth it for myself. :)

I know the car prices stay higher over there, but I agree that that may be too much for a non running car. Not good for a part out, most people will not be willing to pay the expensive shipping from Hawaii. I would fix it and sell the extra parts that are worth money. Sell the car and you could make your money back. Depending on what a 98 tsi goes for over there. After looking at KBB.com and just puting in a random Hawaii zip code the blue book is only 4k So... Unless the extra parts are worth a whole lot of money then its not worth it.

Ya I'm still thinking of my offer for him. There are let me think like 10 dsm's and I think two evos. I own two, my buddy owns two, my other buddy owns one. Oh wait I know everyone who has one LOL. I probably drive mine more than anyone here and am the only Dsm at the race track we have. Last races the track anouncer said " wow what a rare treat to see a Mitsubishi eclipse here" LOL. Made me feel all tingly inside LOL. Oh and FYI contrary to popular belief shipping isn't that much here. USPS is the way to go.

We need more info on what parts. There's a big difference in "aftermarket parts" when you compare a 35r setup with supporting mods (built trans, clutch, injectors, tuning, exhaust, cams, forged internals...) versus a 16g setup with supporting mods (datalogger, safc, 650's, exhaust, intake).

take it from a fellow fwd: wait until you can find an awd that you can buy. if not

you are gonna be wishing that every time that you drive your car

[/QUOTE]
spyderfan take it from a fellow fwd: wait until you can find an awd that you can buy. if not
you are gonna be wishing that every time that you drive your car

Not to be a dick but, Take it from the owner and driver of a fwd dsm for the past thirteen years. I'm not worried about awd, I love the fwd challenge. So no need to go there LOL. I'll say this the headgames head is probably worth about 2k alone. Trans has a quaife LSD. He has crower rods, nimonic alloy valves, venolie racecoat pistons, msd dis, arp headstuds, apex avc-r, shogun piggy back fuel controller, kyb adjustable shocks, eibach springs, full energy kit, walbro 255 and for to support, 3 1/2 inch turbo back exhaust. But no turbo or fmic or bov. Which I have extras of anyway. Oh and a haltec for tuning and 650's for injectors. I know short list LOL. Plus the car with sbr 17" wrapped with kumhos still like new. Interior is mint leather seats have not one rip. So what you think now!

Oh and FYI contrary to popular belief shipping isn't that much here. USPS is the way to go.

:nono:
Fedex 2day is the way to go. There's ways to ship USPS with tracking, but I tend to think they don't handle packages as well.

Back to the subject of the thread, but it. Just hoard all the DSM's to yourself :D.

Hoard ya that's my plan LOL :) I've got my eye on another talon after this one but guess what it's awd and a older lady drives it and it's clean and bone stock. I really want the other talon for all the aftermarket parts for my eclipse.

I left the list already check 4 post back #8.
Update!!!! I'm getting everything for 2,250 cash. I pick it up on Monday I'll post pics when I get here home then it's time to get to work building another motor. Aurai my favorite thing to do work on dsm's oh not being sarcastic I'm really excited. :)

Last edited:
I left the list already check 4 post back #8.
Update!!!! I'm getting everything for 2,250 cash. I pick it up on Monday I'll post pics when I get here home then it's time to get to work building another motor. Aurai my favorite thing to do work on dsm's oh not being sarcastic I'm really excited. :)

Buy it

You know what really pissed me off today. My friend with a 420a eclipse calls me and says his friend junked a 96 gst. So I called my friend at the junk yard today. Gotta tell you some people are so dumb. He abandon the car and so they found it with no motor so they just crushed it. The worst part is the motor was already gone. I was actually planning to buy this car and the day I was going to go look at it. The guy calls me and said oh I sold it last night sorry. The kid who bought it had no clue how to work on it. All it had was a wiring issue and since he couldn't figure it out he junked it. Grrrrrrrr anyway talon is done deal Ill take my trailer over Monday and pick it up aurai.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back