The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Should FittipaldiTalon sell his one-off car to a museum?

Put Fittipaldi Talon in a Museum?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One the one hand I agree it is the absolute rarest DSM out the. Being one of one makes anything rare. However, the car is not in stock form. Anyone who knows anything about a true collector's item knows that anything that doesn't match what was on the window sticker, detracts from the value. Even a aftermarket manufactured, OEM style replacement part can be frowned upon. That little bastard that put the fuse box over the VIN plate, can burn in hell. However its still just a 1GA that has a body kit and wheels on it. It is nothing special really. I don't see it ending up in a museum any more than I expect mine to end up in a museum.

Has anyone considered contacting Fittipaldi on this? He may be interested in reacquiring the car. He would be best equiped to car for the car. Something to think about. I may look into reaching him. I think it would be pretty cool. Maybe after all of the cars he has owned throughout his life, this is the one he enjoyed most and has been searching for for years like a long lost love....LOL

Its only cool cause its the only one. Im sorry but i think its ugly, should it be preserved sure maybe its cool to us but no one outside our community cares about it. Plus museums usually do not buy things they take donations.

should every unique chip foose designed car sit in a museum? not even close. why should this?

this thread is hilarious though, fanboys be fanboys and haters gonna hate.

The Shitquest/Starion was a DSM IMO, before the Galants became anything worthwhile. Diamond-Star Motors started in 1985, with trace roots of the partership existing in the 1970s. It actually still exists, but as Mitsubishi Motors North America. It never ceased to exist, Mitsubishi just bought shares back from Mopar, but they still cooperate. The Galant is, to me, still a DSM. In Canada the Galant was the Dodge and Eagle 2000GTX. The 3000GT is, to me, a DSM. It existed as the 3000GT and the Stealth. They may not have the badges saying they are DSMs, or they may have no been manufactured in Illinois, but clearly DSM had everything to do with selling the cars. It's not like these cars were just simple rebadges, they were completely different looking, still sharing a chassis.

the Galant in Canada you talk about were 5th gen galants.. the VR4's were from 6th gen..
and they started production from 1987.... fully designed and developed by Mitsu Japan.. and it had ZERO involvement from DSM... and DSM borrowed the rally proven mitsu technology for DSM's.

the conquest/ starion you talked about was a captive import......

Search for 2000gtx. They were the 6g Galants rebadged to Dodge and Eagle for the Canadian market. They were the same exact thing as the Galant GSX. It seems when people think of the 6g Galant they only really know about the VR4 and have no idea about the GSX...super rare cars. Some of the 6gs were also made in Venezuela for their market.

It's just another car I don't see what the big deal is about. I mean it would be cool if it wouldn't get trashed, but whoever buys it can do what they want to it. Plus museum curators don't wan't to employ somone to constantly change the floar dry under it. ...

I think some of the VR4 owners are forgetting that the DSM production also started in 88. They are a DSM. Get over it. Regardless, the worlds fastest 4G63T is an Eclipse anyway.

On topic: The car is too modded to be considered a collectors car. It's been daily driven, modded, and original parts have been taken off in favor of aftermarket ones. Prime example is the exhaust that was supposed to be on the car, has been changed for a BR cat back. The vin plate has been covered, subs have been installed, and theres no telling what else has been removed/replaced in the car. The kid didn't take care of it. It's worth as much as a regular old 1G AWD 5-speed now, in my opinion. If it had less than 10,000 miles, and was 100% original, then we would talk.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought he said he has the original exhaust...

As long as he has the original exhaust and nothing else but subs were done then I don't see the problem. Putting subs in can be done by not cutting a single wire.

Has anyone considered contacting Fittipaldi on this? He may be interested in reacquiring the car. He would be best equiped to car for the car. Something to think about. I may look into reaching him. I think it would be pretty cool. Maybe after all of the cars he has owned throughout his life, this is the one he enjoyed most and has been searching for for years like a long lost love....LOL

I have tried twice... No response... I sent it to his website years ago and now recently, but if I remember the website is in brazil.. Who knows who gets the email for his website and if it ever actually got to him..

I don't understand those who say I did not take care of the car... Anyone is welcome to come look at it, inspect it, whatever you'd like in reason... It is my daily driver car I was given, so I drive it, plain and simple... All of you guys drive your cars, so do I, only difference is my car is "special". Believe it or not, the car is still in nearly the same condition as when I received it, how many of you can say that with your first car?

I have tried twice... No response... I sent it to his website years ago and now recently, but if I remember the website is in brazil.. Who knows who gets the email for his website and if it ever actually got to him..

I don't understand those who say I did not take care of the car... Anyone is welcome to come look at it, inspect it, whatever you'd like in reason... It is my daily driver car I was given, so I drive it, plain and simple... All of you guys drive your cars, so do I, only difference is my car is "special". Believe it or not, the car is still in nearly the same condition as when I received it, how many of you can say that with your first car?

Do what ever you like with the car kid, I could care less at the end of the day its just another car. Not rare enough to go in a museum plan and simple. So either drive it, sell it, or hell build the crap out of it.

as far as are cars being in the same condition as we bought it in. "kinda a smart ass comment in my opinion, and is just asking to get flamed" This place is made up of e-thugs, if you cant take the criticism then don't log on.

Do what ever you like with the car kid, I could care less at the end of the day its just another car. Not rare enough to go in a museum plan and simple. So either drive it, sell it, or hell build the crap out of it.

as far as are cars being in the same condition as we bought it in. "kinda a smart ass comment in my opinion, and is just asking to get flamed" This place is made up of e-thugs, if you cant take the criticism then don't log on.

flame on then... I really don't care about many of your opinions, my life has continued since my the car I drive is a very small aspect of my life...

For those of you that have been positive, I appreciate it and am happy that I could share information on my car with you..

I am attending medical school now, so the car is the least of my worries..

Look no offense but that thing is ugly. Sure its a one off car but probably for a good reason. I dont want to see it trashed because the dude took good care of it, but thats as far as it goes. This thing is not any more of a collectors item than Carrol Shelby's turbo dodges in the late 80's. Honestly if it had something more unique like different turbo setup or won some races of some sort then it would be worth putting in a museum. GLWS

Last edited:
flame on then... I really don't care about many of your opinions, my life has continued since my the car I drive is a very small aspect of my life...

For those of you that have been positive, I appreciate it and am happy that I could share information on my car with you..

I am attending medical school now, so the car is the least of my worries..

If I remember correctly you would not even post up pics because you thought someone would copy the spoiler design or something.. Thanks for sharing info.
Anyways, I'm still guessing you never sold it due to the fact that you are still posting and did not respond to my last post?

Thanks, Jayson

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back