The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Short

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Widgmaster

Supporting VIP
Aug 24, 2018
Sarnia, ON_Canada
So a neighbor of mine is driving along and all of a sudden the radio cuts out , the gauges start acting funny ( needles bouncing around ) but only when she steps on the brakes . The car would run fine but the instrument panel acting weird . So she has me have a look see and I notice that the ground cable from her battery runs from the terminal to the battery tray and then to the motor. The part where it connects to the battery tray has broken away . There was no way to fix this because you can not weld rust . I got a new ground strap at the auto supply store and bolted it to the motor and then to a bolt on the firewall . That fixed the problem . This is a GM car and I found it to be a very poor design. Using the battery tray as a grounding point....what where they thinking

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back