The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Short time but long journey with the 135i.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjd6795

Proven Member
May 14, 2014
Wilsonville, Oregon
Had a fallout with a guy that had a really clean talon for sale he kept being dodgy and found out the title was pawned and he needed my cash first and all of this so opted out on it. But I think I made the better decision for a fast reliable car. I got the car when I was working in Georgia around march and loved the car, I just got my tax money back and dumped about $1,500 into the engine 2 weeks after owning it on boltons and a tune. I was pushing 18 psi on a 93/e85 mix putting down 412whp and 476wtq haven't done anything else to the engine since.

But I ended up moving to Oregon around may and had a 2700 mile trip in the car and it did great over 3 days. A few month of being up here I end up spinning out making a left turn and wrecking the car into a pole/curb the damage didn't look all that bad, but the total estimate out of the shop was a little over $17,000 my insurance approved it and I only paid $500. Here are some before and after pics and a couple of what I could get of the wreck.

First day I had the car from the dealer it had the vinyl strips on it, I removed them shortly after and also painted the lip on the trunk black. Looks a lot cleaner without the vinyl, I then started experimenting with paint and didn't want to go with black wheels because it's so common but it just looked good for the car. So I painted the wheels then painted the trim beneath the door that runs across between the wheels. Before the wreck the car had no black paint after is when I painted it, most of the damage was internal though.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• IMG_20160304_140031_852.jpg
    IMG_20160304_140031_852.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20160408_190133_757.jpg
    IMG_20160408_190133_757.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 1030161808.jpg
    1030161808.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 1105160044.jpg
    1105160044.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 0718161122.jpg
    0718161122.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 0718161121.jpg
    0718161121.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 0718161122a.jpg
    0718161122a.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 0718161126.jpg
    0718161126.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
You realise thats an load of bs that insurance companies just throw out there.
That could be fixed for about 5-6k in actuality.

I seen the estimate sheet from the body shop it was literally 10+ pages of stuff. It had a little frame damage the whole engine cradel had to be replaced, all 4 M sport alloy wheels had to be replaced, 3 new michelin super pilot sport tires had to be added, front and rear suspension is all brand new, along with tons of other things I don't remember. It started out as 14k estimate then they kept finding things as they tore the car down further for inspection.

I've really been looking at the 135i and 335i. Those numbers are impressive for the mods but the maintenance costs suck. Does Georgia rebrand the title?

Maintenance does suck but it isn't to bad. as long as you save for it ahead of time. Spark plug change is around $300 due to having to replace each coil for each plug, brake rotor change is around $700 because they are to soft of a metal to turn. Oil change every 5k miles gets expensive because I love to drive. And about the title I'm not sure, it still has a clean title it didn't get salvaged the only thing the damage report shows on carfax but that's it.

The car is hell of a sleeper especially with the 7 speed DCT that thing is godly. I've pulled on mustang gts, camaros, yamaha r6(was a dead even race), tons of stis up here in the north west they just get murdered by it. And the sound is nothing BMW like people start looking for a hellcat or a duramax when I coldstart it.

Sounds like your insurance company really came through. I get what you're saying about the black wheels, everyone and their cousin has them. But they look so good on that car, one of my favorite color combos.

Sounds like your insurance company really came through. I get what you're saying about the black wheels, everyone and their cousin has them. But they look so good on that car, one of my favorite color combos.

They did for sure, the first estimate they got was the 14k one and the shop sent them a letter saying it may not be worth fixing so it went into total loss department for a final decision it got approved then someone else opened it up and denied it. So we call back and had it swapped back and locked so the decision was final. Two weeks later the estimate gained another 3k up to 17k total repairs but since it was already approved they fixed it even though from a price stand point the car was above 75% totaled.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back