The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G short throw shifter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I ordered the same exact one for a replacement bearing for my B&M, but the kit gave me nothing but problems. I tried installing the whole kit even though I was just after the bearing. I figure mise well have a back up right?

First off the one he shipped me was missing several pieces. Fitment was off, threading for the screw to set throw amount 30/50% reduciton was off. The seller at least was willing to send me another kit that had everything, but the hassel alone was almost not worth it...

Short of that, there's a million companies that make the short shifter, they all do the same thing they were copied to do :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm running that exact same shifter, works great. I also had a B&M shifter I replaced

this is one of the few cases that ebay cheap knock offs acually work

altho throw away that shift knob and get your self shifter bushing and you wont regret it

I also had this one worked ok but wasn't for me. I have a modded stock shifter that a hacked down the knob height and also changed the throw by cutting and rewelding near the bottom. Gotta say I like it way better than the b&m in my talon and when I had the mirage copy in my eclipse.

I've bought the megan racing copy off eBay before. At first the package came ripped open, with only the shifter. Emailed back, got a replacement. Had to grind it down to fit right, but it worked decent. They're replica's of the old B&Ms..

Right now I have a B&M, with a weighted greddy knob. Would recommend.

Last edited:
Unless you can find a legit used B&M one (discontinued) - I say just keep the stock one. I've heard numerous stories of shifters braking, disconnecting, not fitting etc. I myself wanted to get one after driving in my friends DSM with a B&M short shifter. However, all I found was the el cheap-o ones and after reading the reviews I was like screw that! :tease:

What I did do was get an AMS extended shifter (looks like a Joystick) - It allows you to position your hand and arm better for a quicker and more powerful shift :thumb:

i was jsut about to order this. im not so sure about it now, i dont wanna spend alot on one either

I bought a B&M one from a member here off the classifieds, I'd rather wait and get a brand name one that's quality and will likely be better engineered than a chinese ebay knock off pos...just my .02 though

I can agree with talon2gbuyer and DSMnOOb00, but then I disagree with this whole thread at the same time. I love short shifters, but I've had a Megan Racing SS, a B&M one and the stock 2G shifter. The OEM one has definitely been more reliable. Its a matter of time when SOMETHING WILL break on these aftermarket shifters. Now to answer the OP's question, I'd buy the eBay shifter and buy the upgraded bushings for the base and linkage. (If you haven't already).

Out of the three short throws i've had in my car, i'm back to my favorite version, the modded cut stock unit, I've had the fidanza and ebay B&M clone and wasn't crazy about either one, they both tended to make third miss more often and felt too notchy intsead of gliding into gear like it does with the stock unit

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back