The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

shootout 2k5 stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSiAWDchick said:
wow... ya I think everyone needs to take a good look at what happend @ this shootout, and not let it happen again. I stayed at the BW friday-sunday.. and friday and saterday night were hell. mainly because my boyfriend works 3rd shift and didn't get to sleep at all on friday so we arrived at about 7 didn't even get checked in for another hour.. then were up till 5am trying to sleep because people were outside doing burnouts and banging on our window :rolleyes: for all of u.. grow up.. realize that the people that work at the hotels have to clean up after ur dumb asses :toobad:

But on another note... thank you buschur for hosting. I had an awesome time.. like i do every year. I hope to god that there is another one next year and i can run my car :D

Maybe i can even make it down for u guys to tune my car right LOL!
Oh calm down last year you were at all the parties doing the same stuff ;)

DarkOne said:
I am not sure this is really how I'd like to be remembered from SO 2005, but I imagine it's a bit late at this point.

I apologize deeply to Buscher Racing and the City of Norwalk for any mischief 2GNT.com or 2GNT'ers may have caused, created, or been a part of. I am fairly certain we were one of the better behaved groups at the BW, but the sentiment remains the same.

Dino
2GNT.com

Yeah^^,
Not saying we didn't party pretty hard but I think our side represented very well. And I must say it had alot to do with not wanting to look like a bunch of ass's. Even though dino wasn't our babysitter, 2gnt leadership on our side was present. I think I can remember a few different pep talks early friday night for alot of the new faces on our side "Hey you guys represent 2gnt this weekend and we have enough things to deal with trying to represent, so lets keep all the stupid shit in check this weekend, we don't want to be remembered like a bunch of drunken assholes"(insert 25 shots by group members).

I think maybe the trouble comes from the guys not involved in a tight knit group and they must feel the need to stand out and be seen. I don't know, I could be wrong but I think if more of the people going were involved in their perspective "groups" more they would represent better. LOL example, I doubt the swohiodsm guys say before leaving "Hey lets roll in together and be the biggest bunch of assholes in norwalk".
So I really think its the guys feeling the need to prove something because there not part of anything to take pride in. I guess thats the call to get people more involved in local/national groups.When you see a dsmer about to do dumb shit step up to the plate and set them straight and get them involved and turned in the right direction ya know or at the very least get them drunk enough to pass out someplace LOL.Though thinking about it I wonder how many of the "badseeds" were actually staying at the BW. It might be nice for one of the groups to organize a "car key drop off" for the drinking guests of the BW and maybe getting in touch with one of the local taxi/car services to hang out and keep the cars in the lot while the night time partys go on.

This was my first SO and I can honestly say that it was one of the best times I can remember at a meet/event.Though my car didn't leave the parking lot much when it did I made sure to follow the speed limit and not take off at the lights like an ass. I can really see how after the SO is over for most how bad it would be to own a dsm and live in norwalk. It must really suck for you local guys!

I'm looking forward to this happening again next year and actually making a run on sunday (I guess that would require not drinking so much saturday night) so I really hope the dumb shit that happened this year doesn't ruin for next. Sorry you guys have to take the heat for a handfull dumbass's. I hope it doesn't deter you all from doing it again for us next year and fighting for us as a whole in making the majority of us look ok in the eyes of the locals this year. Like mentioned a few times I think, I wouldn't mind rolling into norwalk this year and doing some kind of a "charity" or benefit for the locals to maybe save face for us .
Rob
96 gs

wow.

I hope this year (2006) i can go if there is one, I missed the 2004 because i really didn't know about it, 2005 i missed because of a trans fix and turbo upgrade (still in-progress) I know a few of CPA Dsm'ers went out, but i think they camped at the track not sure. This is what i stress about the club that i run, I don't like seeing people being destructive and acting like 12year olds, there is a time and place for things. I haven't ordered any thing from Buschur but from what I'm told, grate bunch of people.

I hope there is a 2006 Shoot Out, I'd like to finally make one, (as long as the converted talon to gsx is holding up)

Wow. :( I didn't get there this year, and seems like I'm glad about that fact.

Some guys will know me from my old car, the Green and white "torn" paint job car. With the red diamond star on the hood.

I sold that and just picked up my EVo this year, so funds are a little tight.

Anyway, I used to always go to the Carlisle show in Pa every year. One year it got pretty bad, next year it got real bad with a bunch of idiots doing stupid crap.

Well, no more "Sport Compact" show there anymore. :( Used to be a real good time. Nice cars, lots of vendors, (flashing girls), cool to meet and talk with old friends. Now because of some arseholes I can't enjoy that show anymore. Looks like the same type of people are going, and have screwd up the S.O.

Who the hell would actually steal something from the guys that go through all the hassles to do this for us every year. I seriously hope your crank walks in the next week or so. Fawking moron.

Jarrod, I wasn't even there and I feel like I should say I'm sorry for the crap that happend. :toobad:

I was hoping to read about all the cool things and how great it went, not this type of crap.

Sorry for the rant. It's just stupid shit like this happens.

Mortis,
(Keith).

Last year was SOOO not like this year.. people were way out of control this time, and we would have been out with u guys but friday we needed sleep and saterday i felt like crap.. food poisening i think

but i kno how to control myself.. and when i get buzzed i usually get quiet :coy: LoL

TSiAWDchick said:
Last year was SOOO not like this year.. people were way out of control this time, and we would have been out with u guys but friday we needed sleep and saterday i felt like crap.. food poisening i think

but i kno how to control myself.. and when i get buzzed i usually get quiet :coy: LoL

You must have been the one in the hotel room w/ the guy I was talking w/ through the window. It wasn't *that* bad on the 2GNT side. :p

Mike

TSiAWDchick said:

You must not have seen Econolodge last year... It was much worse...

It is just that all the partying moved over to the BW this year. But it was still much more tame compared what what going on in the Econolodge in '04.

GRNDSM said:
You must not have seen Econolodge last year... It was much worse...

It is just that all the partying moved over to the BW this year. But it was still much more tame compared what what going on in the Econolodge in '04.

yup - people don't remmeber or else didnt stop at the econolodge last year - it was so bad it seems most of the nabr squids didnt wear their shirts this year hahahahahahahah ROFL

This was mild compared to last year....
If shoot out was not to happen again next year. Make sure to tell all hotel/motel, food, gas, (etc) chains to talk with there DM's/ GM's about which person they will need to fired/layoff because of not having a very large group of 18-35 year olds that have extra money to give them. Time to look into the big picture... for your shop's business and the community that we "so called trashed".
How much money did you bring in just by having us in your little town for 3-4 days.... can you do without that next year? My guess is No....

I had a great time even in between rain drops... hotel employees yelling at us... and no not all of us came to norwalk with "lets damage something this weekend" on our minds.

For some of us that work 24/7 this weekend turns into a vacation ( unless your break something while down there ;) ) a time for us to relax and enjoy a common bond...

let me know if this is out of line by PM'ing me but i believe that the big picture should be looked at when dealing with this "problem"

Thank you for reading my 2 cent's worth
Randy
I had a vacation on the 12-14 of August.

autox4fun said:
This was mild compared to last year....
If shoot out was not to happen again next year. Make sure to tell all hotel/motel, food, gas, (etc) chains to talk with there DM's/ GM's about which person they will need to fired/layoff because of not having a very large group of 18-35 year olds that have extra money to give them. Time to look into the big picture... for your shop's business and the community that we "so called trashed".
How much money did you bring in just by having us in your little town for 3-4 days.... can you do without that next year? My guess is No....

Well, the difference was that this year it was widespread. It wasn't just the usual NABR group trashing things. This time it was all over the place.

As far as the money goes, they're not going to miss our one little event. They could probably fill the weekend with something even more well attended...

1LE said:
As far as the money goes, they're not going to miss our one little event. They could probably fill the weekend with something even more well attended...

werd, Norwalk is not THAT small of a city if you have ever been completely through it, it generates TONS of money from other events also. The DSM shootout will not make a huge impact, if any impact at all on the City.

Spoolin0nYou said:
You must have been the one in the hotel room w/ the guy I was talking w/ through the window. It wasn't *that* bad on the 2GNT side. I kept most of the rowdiness to a light roar. Then again...I don't remember anything past like 11 o'clock! :p

Mike

No.. wasn't us..

and yea i was at the econolodge most of the time last year.. spent the night over there because most was happening on that side.. but this year was just disrespectful... last year was out of control but i think this year was worse, concidering people should have learned from their mistakes last year.. :rolleyes:

BGRIPTP said:
The DSM shootout will not make a huge impact, if any impact at all on the City.

I don't know about that. Many, if not most, of their events are from series that tour the country (IHRA, NDRA, fun ford weekend, etc.) that draw a larger crowd than this, but are mostly people who live in a nearby city (Cleveland, Toledo, Columbus, Detroit) and don't stay overnight. I don't think anyone would travel from Colorado, Florida, New York, etc to see an event that stops closer to them, unlike the shootout.

jp171 said:
I don't know about that. Many, if not most, of their events are from series that tour the country (IHRA, NDRA, fun ford weekend, etc.) that draw a larger crowd than this, but are mostly people who live in a nearby city (Cleveland, Toledo, Columbus, Detroit) and don't stay overnight. I don't think anyone would travel from Colorado, Florida, New York, etc to see an event that stops closer to them, unlike the shootout.

Events like the Pontiac Nationals , Tri-Power weekend, etc. are what I was thinking of. They have quite a few like that and they draw more people from around the country than the DSM Shootout...

wantarace95GSX said:
were you one of the guys that was playing asshole and invited me and my boy to join..ifso thanks for the offer but we had no ride back to the hotel that night :thumb:

That was me that you were talking too. I remember you and your buddy and remember you asking if anyone could give you a ride back if you were to drink. :D

First off I didn't go wanted to but my car was broke down. This whole scenario reminds me of parties in high school. I can't believe it got that out of hand. It's one thing to be loud and drink, but to throw beer bottles and pour beer on peoples car is anther. I hope there is one to go to next year, but it looks very gray right now. I'm only 19 and a student at UTI, but when I drink I can control my self I can't see how it's so hard to control yourself.I do know one thing is someone was to get hurt or killed by a out of control car that would be the end of the shoot out and the DSM crowd would never have the same name again period

As for the rad cap taken from the vendor..why steel it your low enough to do that you shouldn't be here plain and simple Is there a way to make another or is it a one off piece? If you could make another maybe we could donate some money each to replace it.

Two things I can't stand

1.Steeling
2. Messing with peoples cars in anyway is just plain :notgood:

Hope it happens next year I will be there if my DSM is running

Derek

I mainly am talking about Buschur's business.... food, dyno runs, part sales, t-shirts....
Their core business is DSM/EVO sure the company is dabbing here and there but our group is this company's living...

<-Steps down from soap box

This just makes me sad. It reminds me of what I hate about the sport compact crowd. C'mon guys, is the nonsense really necessary?

derek not trying to be a dick but steeling is spelled stealing ;)

autox4fun said:
I mainly am talking about Buschur's business.... food, dyno runs, part sales, t-shirts....
Their core business is DSM/EVO sure the company is dabbing here and there but our group is this company's living...

<-Steps down from soap box

Does the Shootout actually generate additional revenue for Buschur? I know it's starting to generate problems... I wonder if anything else was stolen from his shop and just not noticed yet too? Just rambling now.... :)

1993TalonTsiAWD said:
First off I didn't go wanted to but my car was broke down. This whole scenario reminds me of parties in high school. I can't believe it got that out of hand. It's one thing to be loud and drink, but to throw beer bottles and pour beer on peoples car is anther. I hope there is one to go to next year, but it looks very gray right now. I'm only 19 and a student at UTI, but when I drink I can control my self I can't see how it's so hard to control yourself.I do know one thing is someone was to get hurt or killed by a out of control car that would be the end of the shoot out and the DSM crowd would never have the same name again period

As for the rad cap taken from the vendor..why steel it your low enough to do that you shouldn't be here plain and simple Is there a way to make another or is it a one off piece? If you could make another maybe we could donate some money each to replace it.

Two things I can't stand

1.Steeling
2. Messing with peoples cars in anyway is just plain :notgood:

Hope it happens next year I will be there if my DSM is running

Derek

very well said :thumb: .. and ya i would donate some money to replace that.. never got to see it.. anyone got pictures??

dr1665 said:
I agree that the hotels there, despite putting up with a lot, are wrong for ####ing up people's reservations. I don't know anyone who stayed at BW and actually got their room at the rates they reserved them at nearly a year ago. That is not cool. If there was a free shuttle into and out of town a couple times a day, I would stay elsewhere, but I'm not going to drink and drive, so I guess I have to pay it, right? I mean, I came out there all the way from Phoenix. Where else am I gonna go? :rolleyes:

i paid the rate I booked it at. I had he email from the confirmation with the price listed and the lady corrected it on my bill. I stayed in one of the big suites over the pool.

NickatBuschurs said:
This is deffinatly not the response I was looking for. This has nothing to do with stuntwars here. The hotels are given information on what events will be coming to Norwalk Raceway Park every year and at what times. If stuntwars wants a bad reputation thats fine let them deal with it but, as for Buschur Racing, one of the innovators of this community we do not appreciate the negativity that is being brought from this event that is put every year for you, the DSM'ers. We love to put this event on every year, and meet people from all over and see them in person instead of over the phone. We like to go out every year see what people are doing to the cars and just having a good time with everyone who is in our DSM community. This event started out as eight guys who all had little "4Bangers" and just wanted to have a great time and show people what their machines could do, as we have progressed thirteen years later all people want to do is put everyone else down and be destructive. We need to go back to the basics of why we love these cars. Which is, how displacement does not matter and hanging out with a group of guys who all have the same passion for these cars and what they can do. Oh and just as a side note: Thanks :notgood: to whoever "borrowed" the glass engraved oil cap for our display engine in our shop. :toobad:

I disagree that people went over board....there was alot of drinking and some burn outs on the first night at the best western any way... i couldn't imagine them refusing service during that weekend w/ all the money they were making.....i could imagine then refusing if we destroyed the rooms or cause fights and such but i didn't think it was to crazy... there were some black marks in the parking lot but nothing serious...

as for the event i love comming up this was my second year i think its kinda ### people stealing from the shop...after u guys setting all this up...

as for the people who weren't there and think that we were to crazy....u weren't there it wasn't bad...and for the self controll i belive that there is way worse things like 300 some people half of them drunk at one hotell could have done....

oh by the way the lady that came out and yelled the first night for those of u who no what I'm talking about..i was told she was fired for it :nono:

Jesse

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back