The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Shootout 2024 scramble

Please Support Rix Racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is that area in the corner ment to be a spot for the battery? I always figured it was just for storage LOL. Or for an extra battery for a sub set. Knowing that was a thing back when this car was made.

Is that area in the corner ment to be a spot for the battery? I always figured it was just for storage LOL. Or for an extra battery for a sub set. Knowing that was a thing back when this car was made.

It was actually made for a disc changer. There would be a changer there with a cover over it and a small door that clipped into the panel as well. Figured I didn't need it, since I will not even have a radio or speakers in the car LOL.

Well, all the wiring down the sides is finally done! Have to wait on the fans, radiator is currently being fabed up right now. Besides that it’s all buttoned up. Only things that run down that side are on each respective side. No cross over under the rad support or things that are not in my build. Also made new grounds for everything to help share the load and provide better points throughout the chassis.

1717703547868.jpeg

1717703571894.jpeg

Had a blow out bleeding the brakes but got it replaced with spares and just waiting on crush washers.

1717703639067.jpeg

Dash is ready to go in soon!

Hey what kind of brakes are those I've been wanting to upgrade the ones that I have on here on mine from stock to something larger for better braking power I've noticed that the stocks are underpowered.

Any suggestions on what I should look for that would be budget friendly but much better I've been looking at a few but I'm not sure what exactly to jump on.

Hey what kind of brakes are those I've been wanting to upgrade the ones that I have on here on mine from stock to something larger for better braking power I've noticed that the stocks are underpowered.
I did the Evo 8/9 Brembo brakes all the way around. The front ones I used the bracket adapter which entails filing down the knuckle and the calipers too. If and when I do it over again I will NOT be going this route however. I would just get the hyundai knuckles and they mount directly to them. I have used the Wilwoods in the past and loved those, but they are pricey as well. Like @92Turbski stated, there are other upgrades like the oulander, mustang, ctsv and even the 3000gt brakes that are better than the oem gsx brakes. Just have to decide what works best for you. Hope this helps!

Oh heck yeah thanks for letting me know you guys. I will definitely be checking that out cuz right now the car is not going anywhere just because I have almost no stopping power.

I did the Evo 8/9 Brembo brakes all the way around. The front ones I used the bracket adapter which entails filing down the knuckle and the calipers too. If and when I do it over again I will NOT be going this route however. I would just get the hyundai knuckles and they mount directly to them. I have used the Wilwoods in the past and loved those, but they are pricey as well. Like @92Turbski stated, there are other upgrades like the oulander, mustang, ctsv and even the 3000gt brakes that are better than the oem gsx brakes. Just have to decide what works best for you. Hope this helps!
Bobby’s got some nice stuff available too. Probably not the budget option though.
@EC17PSE

Bobby’s got some nice stuff available too. Probably not the budget option though.
@EC17PSE
Oh I def know all about Bobbys stuff. Budget was not really a concern, but the fact I already had all the parts/powder coating done on these and honestly, just kinda wanted to see how it went was the deciding factor. Already in talks with a set-up through FIBA next season though and many other huge changes as well, that is IF I do not sell the car first hahaha.

Oh I def know all about Bobbys stuff. Budget was not really a concern, but the fact I already had all the parts/powder coating done on these and honestly, just kinda wanted to see how it went was the deciding factor. Already in talks with a set-up through FIBA next season though and many other huge changes as well, that is IF I do not sell the car first hahaha.
Sorry I was meaning that info for Dragon. I know you know about him.

Lmao and dang that is very nice. My buddy gave me some drilled and slotted rotors from his GSX build but unfortunately the pads and the hardware won't fit a GS hardware that I have now.

I came to see the updates and you're all talking about me! thankfully in a good way! PHEW... haha

but the GSX twin piston is the most basic and miles better then a single piston swap. I did this to my friends 1G AWD as its was pre twin piston as standard and he loves it but is not a racer or pushes it hard, he can notice a difference though. had he not on kept it stock which is always the plan he would of gone bigger to my kit but our aim is to always keep his car stock forever! even when I get it the chassis will remain stock!

Thanks for the tags and pictures of the brakes you lot. glad you all like them and happy to help anyone else seeing this should they need anything from me. So just reach out as I am always around

I came to see the updates and you're all talking about me! thankfully in a good way! PHEW... haha

but the GSX twin piston is the most basic and miles better then a single piston swap. I did this to my friends 1G AWD as its was pre twin piston as standard and he loves it but is not a racer or pushes it hard, he can notice a difference though. had he not on kept it stock which is always the plan he would of gone bigger to my kit but our aim is to always keep his car stock forever! even when I get it the chassis will remain stock!

Thanks for the tags and pictures of the brakes you lot. glad you all like them and happy to help anyone else seeing this should they need anything from me. So just reach out as I am always around

Nothing but love here as always Bobby!

Been a while but have been making progress. Also I got married in Iceland so that took some time out of the build haha. But here is an update. Some parts finally arrived!

So the stm tuned intercooler and dss 850hp axles finally got here. Intercooler was a piece of cake and installed no problem.. axles.. not so much.

1719537426941.jpeg

1719537456190.jpeg

1719537576022.jpeg

So for the axles, at first I thought everything was fine until I realized I could pull them almost all the way back out by hand. They would not seat and the c-clip would not “click” in. After partnering with Tim Zimmer I decided to pull them and measure against the oem Evo 8/9 inner cups. Turns out the total length was right on but the distance from the inner tip to the c-clip was 3mm too long. This kept the axles from fully seating into the Evo 8/9 diff. Machined it down and then they clipped right in. Gotta love paying over $1k for something and it not be machined correct. Anyway, they are in and once the tires come in it’s finally off jack stands!

1719537914728.jpeg

Congratulations I've always wanted to go to Iceland on my bucket list. .most of my travel le have been thr middle east and Egypt a several times. And Arizona and Idaho. Montana. Utah and around here. He'll yeah shootout bound m

Congratulations man and that build is looking good I decided to go do a full rebuild just to be safe it started smoking white so head needs to be done. I will be posting about the build soon.

Congratulations man and that build is looking good I decided to go do a full rebuild just to be safe it started smoking white so head needs to be done. I will be posting about the build soon.

Thank you dude! Yeah man keep after it and everything will come into place soon. Keep us updated

Alright HUGE updates. Got the dash in finally and also 98% of the wiring is finished.

1720224209537.jpeg

Still having issues with the rear dss axles but for now the car is off the jack stands and headed to the fabricator @CCdesign for intercooler piping and exhaust.

1720224334254.jpeg

Here she is loaded up and ready to go.. been two years since she has been out of the garage hahaha.

1720224386440.jpeg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back