The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Shinedown

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autronicDSM said:
Yea...is it just me but did you guys notice how all these new bands that came out lately who "are" metal, but not really. I think I saw Atreyu commercial on TV and thought they looked like back street boys wearing black makeup and screaming. Maybe it was another band... I think most of the new bands suck major ass anyways.

if you're refering to atreyu being 'new' they're not really that new, they've been around since 1994. and sure they wear make up. but i kinda remember some band, with makeup on... ummm. I think it was called kiss? of course they had long hair and wore leather. atreyu is just sportin the shorter hair styles. maybe they did it to be trendy, to sell records. but thier music is good, some of it sucks.. but alot of metal bands only really have a one hit wonder, one song that stands out.

I dunno where im goin, im not bustin or flaming on it. I guess im trying to say everyones standard of metal is different. but all in all its just music man. They worked hard, practiced hard, and wrote thier own music. when you see them live, they have a drummer, a bass player and gutair players. its not just a planed out dance like backstreet boys and all those guys.

lurili said:
Shy FX, Dillinja, RONI SIZE, DJ SS, Grooverider, and DJ Rap are my current tunes :thumb:

Also carry FL breaks from DJ Baby Anne and DJ Icey :)
####in right, Rep the south. Most of my bag is icey and baby anne. Shit load of DJ rap. AK1200. Rabbit in the moon. MC DET. And I wana find some kevens. but he hasnt released anything, or have a CD. can only catch him live.

L2RTSiAWD said:
They probably are, as are mine.

The thing about you guys who aren't musicians (especially metal) is it's easier to pop in a cd or hear a song on the radio and go "that's pretty good, I like it" and then go buy an album.

I don't know you Mike or Brian but when I hear a song I must analyze the mix,music, changes, everything then when I've figured out what they are doing I enjoy the songs 10x more and am in tune with all the nuances.

Sometimes I even think I have suggestions like "an extra bar would have been great there or if he would have used the ride instead of the high-hat or did the roll using these toms instead". :laugh:

When I listen to songs on the radio it makes me sick and it also makes me sad. I think to to myself "Would I want to be on stage playing the exact same verse and chorus rythms 5 times with no cool bridges, no minor variations?" It makes me shudder.

Metal may be generalized by it's growling vocals but I believe it has some of the best musicians out there.

Hell I listen to Dark Angel which has some of the most annoying operatic vocals just to here the awesome guitars and Gene Hoglan drums. :cool:

P.S. Mike if you haven't heard Dark Angel you've been denying yourself old-school Gene Hoglan goodness.

Sorry for the long post, it's saturday and I'm bored at work

I feel exactly the same way. My friends think I'm a nut :thumb:

Dark Angel rocks!

L2RTSiAWD said:
They probably are, as are mine.

The thing about you guys who aren't musicians (especially metal) is it's easier to pop in a cd or hear a song on the radio and go "that's pretty good, I like it" and then go buy an album.

I don't know you Mike or Brian but when I hear a song I must analyze the mix,music, changes, everything then when I've figured out what they are doing I enjoy the songs 10x more and am in tune with all the nuances.

Sometimes I even think I have suggestions like "an extra bar would have been great there or if he would have used the ride instead of the high-hat or did the roll using these toms instead". :laugh:

When I listen to songs on the radio it makes me sick and it also makes me sad. I think to to myself "Would I want to be on stage playing the exact same verse and chorus rythms 5 times with no cool bridges, no minor variations?" It makes me shudder.

Metal may be generalized by it's growling vocals but I believe it has some of the best musicians out there.

Hell I listen to Dark Angel which has some of the most annoying operatic vocals just to here the awesome guitars and Gene Hoglan drums. :cool:

P.S. Mike if you haven't heard Dark Angel you've been denying yourself old-school Gene Hoglan goodness.

Sorry for the long post, it's saturday and I'm bored at work

I got to meet Gene when my band played with Strapping Young Lad. Big guy, hard to believe he's such a good drummer, haha.

SoilentGreen98 said:
The only people I know who like HIM are girls, haha. And labels suck and all but calling yourselves love metal? WTF? That's terrible!

Love Metal....ROFL!!! Ok so I did see the same thing. Man that's ### :cool:

when i hear about HIM i think about bam margera and all the little emo/skater punks. damn it i hate emo. worst music ever.

And my list, which is bette than all of yours

Deftones
Pantera
36 crazy fists
Slipknot
Tool
Taproot
Static - X
Sevendust
RATM
Nonpoint
Mudvayne
Ill nino
Glassjaw
40 Below summer
stone sour
AFI
The used
A perfect circle

And so on, and im sure i left alot out.

NewB2dsm said:

Deftones
Pantera
36 crazy fists
Slipknot
Tool
Taproot
Static - X
Sevendust
RATM
Nonpoint
Mudvayne
Ill nino
Glassjaw
40 Below summer
stone sour
AFI
The used
A perfect circle

good list....but ure missing a good one..........seether, and thank god u threw afi in there, their not really punk and thier not metal they're more eastbay hardcore but their focking great

fatty

NewB2dsm said:

Deftones
Pantera
36 crazy fists
Slipknot
Tool
Taproot
Static - X
Sevendust
RATM
Nonpoint
Mudvayne
Ill nino
Glassjaw
40 Below summer
stone sour
AFI
The used
A perfect circle

Better? If you wanna make this some kind of battle, let me just tell you that's a weak list and there's only like 1 metal band on it.

NewB2dsm said:

Deftones
Pantera
36 crazy fists
Slipknot
Tool
Taproot
Static - X
Sevendust
RATM
Nonpoint
Mudvayne
Ill nino
Glassjaw
40 Below summer
stone sour
AFI
The used
A perfect circle

AFI never has been nor will it ever be considered metal and mudvayne is a bunch of power-chord-only playing hack jobs. If you are going to make a statement that your list is better than everyone's then back it up with some good bands. Nice pick on Deftones though.

Wow, this is like the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen this thread here, but I always love it!

In Flames (Obviously)
Iced Earth
Pantera
Shadows Fall
Soilwork (Quiet now! some of their songs are very catchy)
Tool
Metallica (Pre-Black album)
Dimmu Borgir (Puritania gets me everytime)

VRMAN said:
AFI never has been nor will it ever be considered metal and mudvayne is a bunch of power-chord-only playing hack jobs. If you are going to make a statement that your list is better than everyone's then back it up with some good bands. Nice pick on Deftones though.

Mudvayne has a VERY well versed bass player. Their drummer is decent as well.

Don't really care for the guitar work, but the rhythm line is most impressive.

I checked out Unearth. Now these guys are actually very cool. I don't like the singers clean voice too much, but he doesn't use it that often :cool:

Chimaira
Killswitch Engage
Fear Factory
Lamb of God
Cradle of Filth
Vehemence
Remebering Never
The Red Chord
Cannibal Corpse
Nile
Origin
Strapping young Lad, cause we all love Mr. Townsed
Static - X
Opeth

more mellow moods

Him
CKY
Nightwish
Evanescene
Lacuna Coil

And as a guilty pleasure...
I really like vocal trance, Dj Sammy, Rockell, Stuff of that natyre

L2RTSiAWD said:
I checked out Unearth. Now these guys are actually very cool. I don't like the singers clean voice too much, but he doesn't use it that often :cool:

its actually the guitarist...but he is pretty good...yeah not as good as i would hope for though but overall a very good band....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back