The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Shifting Problem 1g DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smoodle

Probationary Member
Apr 17, 2020
Sutherlin, Oregon
My 1990 Eclipse GSX won’t go into any gear when I try and shift, so the car has been immobile. It will only go into reverse but will grind so I pull back into neutral. It did not do this when I first got the car but after I replaced the clutch master and slave cylinder (I did this because it would go into gear but needed to be pumped like five times before I could) and now this problem is here. Today I replaced the save cylinder push rod with an extended rod to help increase throw but the problem consists. It sounds like there is just air in the system and I need to purge it but it does not work. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

No big deal. There’s about two inches of rod between the boot and the lock nut on mine. I’d start at about 1.75 inches and make full turn adjustments from there. Then 1/4 turns to really dial it in. Leave the lock nut loose until it’s good. I found the rod turns when tightening the lock nut so keep that in mind.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I adjusted the master cylinder but I have not gotten results. I might have actually because now I can shove it into first at least, but the car creeps when I do. But I was wondering if this switch in the video that is pressed by the clutch pedal needs to be pressed when the clutch pedal is released because it does not. The clutch pedal will be a couple of millimeters away from the switch when release but I have to pull the clutch pedal back further for it to connect. Again any help is appreciated.

That’s the cruise control switch so when you press the clutch in, it shuts the cruise control off. That’s it’s only function in stock form. You can back that out and also the starter switch at the bottom to give you more throw. See if that helps. Also check to see if you have a worn clutch pedal assembly. I’d doubt it since it was fine before but who knows

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back