The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Shifting Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtbike_79

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 25, 2008
Castlegar, BC_Canada
I seem to be having some shifting issues and I was wondering if anyone can give me some suggestions on what to check/adjust. The car is a 95 with a fairly new trans, >10000 miles. I recently did the blue wire mod and have link activating a relay above 6000rpm and above 90% throttle. With the shifter in L, the car will shift into 2nd quite early at WOT, about 5500 rpm, then from 2nd, it will shift into 3rd at about 5500 rpm. It shift rpm seems to be jumping around and its never really that consistent. The car also seems to be shifting into neutral sometimes as well. For example, last night I launched the car with the shifting in the L position and the trans shifted into 2nd at about 5500 rpm so I then proceeded to put the shifter into the 2nd position and the trans shifted into, which seemed like neutral. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

just checking but when it acted like it shifted into neutral.. how long was it in neutral and did it shift into gear after that on its own? just checking to see if it wasnt a flare .. as in the trans has internal leaking of some kind.. sounds like valvebody issues.. also does it change when its cold or hot

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back