The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

shifter is tight moving the the right

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm91TalonTSi

15+ Year Contributor
May 29, 2006
Burgettstown, Pennsylvania
Here's my problem.. my shifter is tight and nearly impossible to move all the way to the right to get into 5th and R.. also, this is to be true with the cables attached to the tranny and not to the tranny... i should be getting my motor back from sbr within 2 wks and i am looking to fix this before then... any ideas what this could be caused by?

Here's my problem.. my shifter is tight and nearly impossible to move all the way to the right to get into 5th and R.. also, this is to be true with the cables attached to the tranny and not to the tranny... i should be getting my motor back from sbr within 2 wks and i am looking to fix this before then... any ideas what this could be caused by?

You have bad cables. My car does the same thing.

Jack

Yeah I can get into 1st and 2nd, butdoesn't want to go anywhere else...It will, but have to muscle it into other gears..So the tranny cables are bad huh??

I would check to see if your lever on the trans is seizing up; The one that bolts onto the trans. Some tend to get corosion over time and get stiff and hard to move. If this is the problem, you can take it apart and clean it up.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back