The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Shifter cable brackets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PearlSweatshirt

Proven Member
Dec 10, 2013
Georgetown, Kentucky
Can anyone explain to me how to remove these two brackets. And also the two brackets on the transmission also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 69
Use a pair of pliers or vice grips and grab the top and pull. Somtimes u have to loosen by prying/pushing on one side with a pry bar or flat head. Get it to move back and forth then it should pull up easy. You can even wedge a flat head between the cable and bracket clip and pop it off that way too.

Yea vise grips or channel locks are the best way. They are stubborn if they have not been out in a while. Just wiggle back and forth and pull up.

I'm sorry. I always have to clarify before I try but I am prying on the golden pieces right?

Nvm I got it. Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay so a bunch of cussing and b****ing later, I got the brackets off my cables. Now my next problem is the grommet that is running them through the firewall. How do I pull it out?

And good luck. I'm hoping the shift fork isn't broken. Takes a lot to pull a cable apart.

And good luck. I'm hoping the shift fork isn't broken. Takes a lot to pull a cable apart.
Yah what I'm hoping is that when I yanked it outta gear that the cable gave before the following parts did. Which I think is how it went because the ends on the transmission where screwed. I pulled the rubber sleeve down and some of the cable dismantled itself and was hanging halfway off

I just pulled mine out. I pushed mine through from the engine bay until they would not get snagged on anything and then I just pulled them through. You can get the 2 bolts from the driver's side with a short socket and wrench. Its tight but doable (I'm 6'1). Not to bad once you can see everything. Take a flashlight with you. Took me about 40 min.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back