The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Shifter cable national backorder HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bolverkchaos

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
Tyler, Texas
I hate to sound desperate, but I'm really running out of options here.
The shifter cable snapped in my 2g GST, I have called, and called, and searched and searched. My dealer can't get them, extremepsi, jnztuning, and my dealer all told me they're on nation backorder, and could possibly go into "Galactic backorder" and not be made anymore, making it nearly impossible to get such item.

So if anyone has some, or knows were to get them, please let me know.

There arn't many junk yards in my area in Texas, and there's never any 2g's in them.
I've been bumming rides to work and walking a fair amount this last week. No fun in the Texas heat.

I miss my car. :(
It's a Northstar White, 99 GS-T, five speed.

95-99 are all the same. the thing is i wouldnt trust used ones eaither.... and to think i was thinking of geting aa set for my 1g they seem to go bad on our cars frequently

MD770982 is the correct part number. You will be fine installing them, Mike just made a silly mistake. He accidentally put the shifter cable bracket on the transmission backwards. The cables weren't the issue.

Are shifter cables still on national back order? I see extremepsi has them available. They are $94. The dealer sells them for $63. I am not sure why extremepsi sells them $30 more than they dealer. I guess this might be why. LOL!!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back