The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Shifter Arms diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM90AWD

DSM Wiseman
Dec 22, 2002
Bear, Delaware
Sorry.. tried to find this searching.
What is the difference btw the 90 and the >90 shifter arms (the ones on the Bellhousing). Either measurement-wise or appearance.

I ask as I bought a used Hybrid '90 tranny rebuilt to 94-spec with a 23-spline output shaft so don't know if the shifter arms were upgraded as well.

As an aside.. would be nice to put together a FAQ / "sticky" to list differences btw diff year trannys/shift arms/linkage/output shafts ..etc. And maybe to consolidate some of the numerous discussions of going from 22-spline to 23-spline requirements.

There is a VFAQ on the shifters.. but would be nice to have everything in one place.

If someone sends me the data.. I'll even host the site.

..bueller?

The vertical arm is stamped with an "H" (if that means anything) and measures 2.25" from piviot to where cable attaches (3.25" overall). The horizontal arm measures 2.5" from piviot to where the cable attaches (3.5" overall).

I posted some pics of the shifter arms:

Pic1
Pic2

Just wondering if I need to source new shifter arms since my car a 1990.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back