The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Shift solenoid

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rolemodel

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 30, 2002
thetford mines, Quebec_Canada
My 2G 1996 Talon tsi awd ATX keep throwing me some check engine for shift Pressure solenoid. Everything works right but after 30 minutes of driving the CE comes on.

Tranny was shifting too hard so i dropped the pressure with the screw on the valve body, car was throwing code at this time too, i tought maybe by dropping the pressure it will stop the CE from coming on while smothing the shift.

Now the tranny shift really great but keep putting codes for shift pressure solenoid. What going on? Is the solenoid busted?

My 2G 1996 Talon tsi awd ATX keep throwing me some check engine for shift Pressure solenoid. Everything works right but after 30 minutes of driving the CE comes on.

Tranny was shifting too hard so i dropped the pressure with the screw on the valve body, car was throwing code at this time too, i tought maybe by dropping the pressure it will stop the CE from coming on while smothing the shift.

Now the tranny shift really great but keep putting codes for shift pressure solenoid. What going on? Is the solenoid busted?

It could be your solenoid is bad, and it could be the wire coming out of the valve body to the TCU was damaged. If this wire somehow splits you well get a code for it. So check the blue wire coming from the shift solenoids and make sure it is intact.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back