The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Shift points

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When racing? Well when i race i usualy shift around 6800 to 7000 rpms, But i really never pay attention to what rpms i shift at, got to pay attention to everything else around, not just your rpms. I rarly look at my tach, I just listen to my engine and feel when to shift, feels the best that way.

ya man by feel is the best way.......once you feel the power starting to fade a bit, shift that bad boy......but try not to grind gears(my trannies pretty old)
fool around and see what feels best to you.
for daily driving i rarely go past 3500 rpm.....unless i wanna get ahead of someone or somthin...then its redline here i come.

for racing i shift:

1-6800
2-6500
3-6500
4-dont get there on 1/4 but, 6500
5- no more shifting
ive heard that a 4g63nt reaches max rpm near 6200-6500. also when i raced at the track i redlined all my shifts for one run to see how i did. and i did worse than shifting sooner. so i would say keep below 6800 definately.

-mike:talon:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back